|Traded as||NASDAQ: OVTI|
|Founder||Lin Hsueh Cheng
Chiu Chih Chung
|Headquarters||Santa Clara, California, U.S.|
|Shaw Hong (CEO and President)
Anson Chan (CFO)
|Products||CMOS Image sensors|
Number of employees
|1300 (2009) |
OmniVision Technologies Inc. is a corporation that designs and develops digital imaging products. Headquartered in Santa Clara, California, OmniVision Technologies has offices in the USA, Western Europe and Asia, including a design center and testing facility in Shanghai, China. The company supplies Apple Inc. with the back-illuminated CMOS sensor found in the iPhone 4's backside camera.
In May 2015, OmniVision Technologies was acquired by a group of Chinese investors, which includes Hua Capital Management, CITIC Capital Holdings and GoldStone Investment for about $1.9 billion in cash.
In August 2011, OmniVision announced that it was working on a sensor that would allow smartphone cameras to be even smaller.
On June 23, 2004, OmniVision restated its financial results for the first, second and third quarters of fiscal 2004. For the nine months ended January 31, 2004, the restatement increased revenue by $8.9 million, net income by $2.7 million and diluted earnings per share by $0.04 over the amounts previously reported. In December, 2007, a $13.75 million settlement was reached in a lawsuit that alleged OmniVision misled investors about the financial state of the company. The original complaint was filed in 2004.
- "Corporate Fact Sheet" (PDF). 2010. Retrieved 24 September 2010.
- "OmniVision Locations". Retrieved 13 September 2010.
- Pamela Tufegdzic (3 September 2010). "iPhone 4 Drives Adoption of BSI Image Sensors in Smart Phones". iSupply. Retrieved 18 September 2010.
- Michael R. Tomkins (28 March 2005). "OmniVision acquires CDM Optics". The Imaging Resource. Retrieved 25 September 2010.
- "OmniVision to Be Bought by Chinese Investors in $1.9 Billion Deal". re/code. 1 May 2015. Retrieved 4 May 2015.
- Joshua Goldman, CNET. "Will this sensor power your next smartphone's camera?" August 5, 2011. Retrieved August 5, 2011.
- "OmniVision Reports Fourth-Quarter and Fiscal 2004 Results and Restatement of the First, Second and Third Quarters of Fiscal 2004".
- "Class action against OmniVision Technologies, Inc.".