Omni International Mall
The mall was built in 1977, attached to an existing Jordan Marsh store, with J.C. Penney as the other anchor. It was a mixed-use complex, combining a traditional retail mall with offices and hotel space. Burdines later took over the Jordan Marsh building, closing it in 1992. J.C. Penney closed in 1998. After several years of decreasing sales, the mall closed in 2000, but the adjacent hotel remained open. Part of the mall portion has since been converted to use for Miami International University School of Art & Design.Crystal Cruises also has taken up residence.
- "Omni buyers pledge renewal". The Miami Herald. 13 September 1997. Retrieved 14 August 2011.
- Corderi, Victoria (19 April 1982). "Telling the malls apart". Miami News. Retrieved 14 August 2011.
- "Burdines Omni store closes in May". The Miami Herald. 14 March 1992. Retrieved 14 August 2011.
- "J.C. Penney in checkout lane at Omni mall". The Miami Herald. 1 July 1998. Retrieved 14 August 2011.
- Stabley, Susan (15 May 2003). "Radisson's will be fifth flag at Omni Hotel since it opened in 1978". Miami Today.
- Muellner, Alexis (25 August 2003). "Foreclosure talk heats up". South Florida Business Journal.