|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Title(s)||Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria 2005|
|Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria 2005
Miss World 2005
Omowunmi Akinnifesi is a Nigerian businesswoman and environmental ambassador for Lagos.
Early life and education
The daughter of a former Central Bank of Nigeria director, Akinnifesi was born in Lagos but spent her early years in Sierra Leone before returning to her native Nigeria with her family. She attended Queen's College, Yaba, where she won several prizes for her art work. In 2008, Akinnifesi graduated from the University of Lagos with a degree in Geography and Regional Planning, In 2012, Akinnifesi obtained a master's degree in Environmental Monitoring, Modelling, and Management from King's College London.
In 2005, eighteen-year-old Akinnifesi was crowned Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria, making her eligible to represent her country at the Miss World Pageant in China that same year, where she engaged in tree planting for the Chinese government. Akinnifesi emerged first runner-up on the Nigerian version of Strictly Come Dancing, Celebrity Takes 2 Dance before she launched her own public relations and usher-hiring business Elle Poise. Aknnifesi has been hailed as a style icon in recent years, and was honoured at the 2011 Allure Style Awards. It was during this time that she revealed that she had experienced a six-year campaign of terror from a stalker.
In 2016, Akinnifesi launched her clothing line labelled, "Omowunmi"
- Waiting for Omowunmi Akinnifesi
- Jemi Ekunkunbor, "Vintage Omowunmi Akinnifesi", Vanguard (Lagos), 7 November 2010.
- Omowunmi Akinnifesi Bags Masters From Kings College, London
- Omowunmi Akinnifesi bags a second degree
- Olamide Olarewaju (August 13, 2014). "Omowunmi Akinnifesi Is Our Wednesday Crush".
- Celebrity Takes 2 Dance
- Celebrity Takes 2 Dance. II
- Style Has Nothing To Do With Age
- Omowunmi Style Icon
- Omowunmi and Atafo emerge Allure Style Icons
- My Experience With ‘The Stalker’ For 6 Years’ – Omowunmi Akinnifesi
- "Omowunmi Akinnifesi Launches Clothing Line & Debuts "The Urban Movement: Define Your Own Path" Campaign". BellaNaija. February 2, 2016. Retrieved February 22, 2016.
|This biography article about a Nigerian contestant in a beauty pageant is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Nigerian business-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|