|Occupation||Director, Production Designer|
|Spouse(s)||Vanita Omung Kumar|
Omung Kumar is an Indian film director, and production designer, known for his works in Hindi cinema.He is hosted very famous show Ek Minute in Zee Tv 90s. He made his directorial debut with the 2014 biographical sports drama Mary Kom starring Priyanka Chopra. The film was a critical and commercial success. He and the film received several awards and nominations, including the National Film Award for Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment. He came up with his second film Sarbjit which was a biopic based on the life of "Sarabjit Singh". The film was commercially and critically success at the box office. Then he came up with his third film 'Bhoomi', which was Sanjay Dutt's comeback film which is a critical and commercial failure.
Kumar started his career as a production designer. He worked on Sanjay Leela Bhansali's films such as Black (2005) and Saawariya (2007). He made his directorial debut with the 2014 biographical sports drama Mary Kom based on the eponymous boxer. The film starring Priyanka Chopra as Kom was a critical and commercial success. Mary Kom grossed ₹940 million (US$14 million) at the box-office against a budget of ₹150 million (US$2.2 million). He and the film received several awards and nominations, including the National Film Award for Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment.
|2002||Dil Hai Tumhara||Art Director|
|2003||Jhankaar Beats||Art Director|
|2003||Ishq Vishk||Art Director|
|2005||Waqt: The Race Against Time||Art Director|
|2005||Pyare Mohan||Art Director|
|2006||Pyaar Ke Side Effects||Art Director|
National Film Award for Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment
Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Film
- Tandon, Raedita (4 September 2014). "Priyanka was my only choice for Mary Kom". Filmfare. Retrieved 8 October 2014.
- Gupta, Priya (27 August 2014). "Sanjay Leela Bhansali: PC is a girl who wants to find excellence, not perfection and that is beautiful". The Times of India. Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "Priyanka Chopra's 'Mary Kom' biopic receives good response". Daily News and Analysis. 13 September 2014. Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "Box office report- Mary Kom all set to knock out Box office records". Filmfare. 5 September 2014. Retrieved 7 September 2014.
- "s Happy New Year a hit because of the star power of SRK? Is the box office just about the weekend and the big stars today?". Box Office India. 29 October 2014. Retrieved 27 July 2015.
- Malvania, Urvi. "Mary Kom packs a punch at box office Film on way to make profit in the first weekend". Business Standard. Archived from the original on 4 October 2014. Retrieved 8 September 2014.
- "62nd National Film Awards for 2014 (Press Release)" (PDF). Directorate of Film Festivals. 24 February 2015. Retrieved 25 March 2015.