||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (August 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Founded||California, U.S. (September 2000 )|
|Revenue||Rs. 346 crore (FY 2015-16)|
|Profit||Rs. 5.7 crore (FY 2015-16)|
Number of employees
OnMobile Global Limited is a telecommunications company. It has collaborated with a series of internationally renowned mobile operators, such as MTN. The company offers content management, content aggregation and distribution, voice short codes, missed call alerts, multimedia push services, mobile search, ringtones, ringback tones, voice portals, music products, mobile radio, entertainment products like football, cricket, quizzes & gaming solutions, movies and a safety app called Help Me on Mobile.
Founded in 2000, OnMobile is headquartered in Bangalore, India and serves customers in 59 countries  on 5 continents. OnMobile also has offices in Mumbai, Delhi, Bangladesh, Kuala Lumpur, Indonesia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Sydney, United Kingdom, Paris, Romania, Spain, Dubai, Cairo, Nairobi, Florida, Montreal, Bellevue, and California.
Originally incorporated in California under the name Onscan Technologies India Private Limited as a spin-off from Infosys, the company relocated to India. The company changed its name to OnMobile Asia Pacific Private Limited in April 2001 and finally to its current name in August 2007. OnMobile became the first Indian telecom VAS company to go public when it was listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange of India on 19 February 2008.
Arvind Rao, one of the founders of the company, resigned on July 10, 2012, due to corporate governance issues during his tenure. Co-founder Mouli Raman was appointed CEO following Rao's resignation. Raman held the position of CEO until he stepped down on May 7, 2014 and was succeeded by Rajiv Pancholy on June 2, 2014.
As of 2013, OnMobile acquired four companies in order to expand their product line.
In December 2006, OnMobile announced that it was acquiring ITFinity, a mobile software company, for $10–20 million.
OnMobile paid €12 Million for acquiring French speech recognition company Telisma S.A. Telisma has a speech recognition technology available in 10 Indian languages - Hindi, Bengali, Tamil, Gujarati, Punjabi, Kannada, Telugu, Malayalam, Marathi, and English. Previously, OnMobile had used speech recognition from Nuance Communications that supported 15 different languages.
In October 2010, OnMobile purchased Dilithium Networks, a developer of 3G video technology, for an undisclosed amount.
In June 2013, OnMobile acquired Livewire Mobile, a ringtone, ringback tone, an infotainment company, for $17.8 million.
- "OnMobile Global Limited, Annual Report 2013" (PDF). OnMobile. Retrieved 2016-08-31.
- PTI (February 23, 2017). "New corporate structure in OnMobile". Business Standard.
- "OnMobile Global up 8%, sells French subsidiary Voxmobili". Money Control. 2013-07-16. Retrieved 2014-08-11.
- "OnMobile Partners with MTN to Migrate Their RBT Services Globally". Reuters. 2013-07-24. Retrieved 2014-08-05.
- "OnMobile partners with MTN for RBT services". The Economic Times. 2013-07-24. Retrieved 2014-08-05.
- "OnMobile ties up with Airtel Africa for powering football services". CIOL. 2013-11-12. Retrieved 2014-08-05.
- "A mobile app that 'empowers' women". The Times Of India. Retrieved 2014-02-28.
- "OnMobile Global Limited, Contact Us". OnMobile. Retrieved 2012-07-13.
- Peer, Nikita (2014-08-01). "OnMobile’s revenues up 4.8% to Rs 198Cr in Q1; domestic business continues to slide". techcircle.in. Retrieved 2014-08-05.
- "OnMobile Forms Africa Partnership With Starfish Mobile". Media Nama. 2011-03-15. Retrieved 2014-08-11.
- Sen, Swagata (2008-11-28). "The right connection". India Today. Retrieved 2009-03-10.
- "Infosys spin-off OnMobile gets $28-m funding". The Hindu Business Line. 2006-10-06. Retrieved 2009-03-10.
- "Grading Rationale for CRISIL IPO Grading, OnMobile Global Limited" (PDF). CRISIL. Retrieved 2009-04-19.
- Jagadeesh, Namitha (2009-02-20). "OnMobile Global lists at 19% premium". livemint.com. Retrieved 2009-03-06.
- Ranganathan, Chandra (2012-07-10). "OnMobile CEO Arvind Rao resigns due to corporate governance issues". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2012-07-23.
- "OnMobile CEO quits as governance review finds fault". Firstpost. 2012-07-10. Retrieved 2012-07-23.
- "OnMobile announces resignation of Mouli Raman" (Press release). May 7, 2014. Retrieved 2016-08-31.
- Itika Sharma Punit (May 30, 2014). "OnMobile appoints Rajiv Pancholy as CEO". Business Standard.
- Sriram, R (2008-12-28). "OnMobile snaps up ITFinity". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2009-03-06.
- Pahwa, Nikhil (2008-07-31). "OnMobile Paid Over $18 Million For Telisma; $20 Million Revenues, $3.6 Million Profit; Nepal Operator RBT". MediaNama.com. Retrieved 2009-07-31.
- Shah, Cerius (2008-05-18). "OnMobile Acquires France’s Telisma S.A.". ContentSutra. Retrieved 2009-03-06.
- "OnMobile completes deployment of Nuance speech solutions". WebIndia123.com. 2008-03-30. Retrieved 2009-03-06.
- "OnMobile buys Dilithium Networks’ 3G video tech". The Hindu Business Line. 2010-10-05. Retrieved 2010-11-26.
- Phadnis, Shilpa (2013-06-04). "OnMobile to buy Livewire Mobile for $17.8 million". Times of India. Retrieved 2013-07-01.