On Air with Ryan Seacrest
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2008)|
logo since 2014 present
|Genre||Comedy, Talk, Music|
|Running time||4.5 hours (including commercials)|
|Exec. producer(s)||Ryan Seacrest|
|Air dates||since 2004 (at KIIS-FM)
On Air with Ryan Seacrest is an American syndicated radio program hosted by Ryan Seacrest. As of 2010, the daily morning radio show airs on Los Angeles top 40 station KIIS-FM and was launched at the same time as the television show with the same name, although Seacrest had hosted a similar show in afternoon drive on sister station KYSR from 1995 until 2003. The TV series ran for several months in 2004, but nationwide syndication of the radio program would not start until 2008, where a majority of its affiliates air it in the middays or afternoons.
The show is broadcast from the E! Entertainment Studios in the Mid-Wilshire District of Los Angeles. On Air with Ryan Seacrest is also syndicated through Premiere Networks on over 130 radio stations nationwide and in Canada.
About the show
The radio program, featuring a former local news correspondent by the name of Ellen K., includes many popular segments such as Manny Streetz, Ginger Chan with Traffic, and the ever popular '60 Seconds of Sleaze' is the entertainment news segment provided by Ellen K. This segment was actually originated by Seacrest's predecessor on KIIS-FM, Rick Dees, in a segment called "Dees Sleaze." One of the most popular segments is the fictional 'Ryan's Roses': where "listeners" call in with the suspicion that their significant other is cheating. An 'On Air' staff member then calls the accused cheater imitating a florist who wishes to offer them a dozen free roses to be sent to anybody of their choosing. Often the accused cheater will send the flowers to the "wrong person," which often results in the "truth" pouring out and an argument between the couple, moderated by Seacrest. This segment is based on the common radio skit War of the Roses (radio show), which has been used on hundreds of radio shows around the country since the mid-1990s.
- On May 2014, the show hit airwave the first time in Bangkok, Thailand on COOLcelsius 91.5 every weekday from 7 - 10 am
- In 2008, Singapore's 987FM was the first station outside the United States to air the program. It lasted around November 2010. It is currently airing on Kiss 92FM from 8pm to 12am on weekdays.
- From June 2010, this show aired on the Malaysia radio station, Fly FM weekdays from 11 pm to 2 am except East Malaysia because Fly FM is not available in East Malaysia. Previously, this show was aired on 1 pm to 4 pm weekdays.
- In Dubai, United Arab Emirates, On Air can be heard on Virgin Radio 104.4 every Sunday to Thursday from 1pm to 4pm.
- In Australia, the show is broadcast on KIIS 106.5 Sydney, KIIS 101.1 Melbourne, 97.3 FM Brisbane, Mix 102.3 Adelaide and Mix 106.3 Canberra.
- On Air is also being broadcast in Canada on many radio stations, particularly the Virgin Radio stations in Toronto, Montreal, Edmonton, Vancouver, Winnipeg, Calgary and Fredericton on CIBX-FM.
- In South Africa the show is broadcast on 94.5 KFM in the Western Cape and on 94.7 Highveld Stereo in Gauteng every weekday from 7pm - 10pm local time.
- In Namibia, the show is broadcast in most large towns and cities across the country by Windhoek based radio station, RadioWave.
- In Dominican Republic, Ryan's show is broadcast on Be 99.7 everyday from noon to 4pm.
- In United Kingdom, Ryan's show is broadcast on Heat Radio each weekday afternoon.
- The show airs weeknights from 9pm - Midnight (local time) on B96 in Westcity.
- in Lebanon the show airs weekdays 10am-1pm on 105.5 Radio One
- In Ireland the show airs weeknights on Dublin's 98.
- in India the show airs on Saturday between 6pm-9pm and on Sunday again between 1pm-3pm
- in Jordan the show airs on Beat FM
American Top 5
- Official website
- Ryan's "On-Air" page at KIIS-FM