On Air with Ryan Seacrest
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
logo since 2014 present
|Genre||Comedy, Talk, Music|
|Running time||5 hours (including commercials; on KIIS-FM)
3-4 hours (syndicated)
|Exec. producer(s)||Ryan Seacrest|
|Air dates||since 2004 (at KIIS-FM)
On Air with Ryan Seacrest is an American syndicated radio program hosted by Ryan Seacrest. As of 2010, the daily morning radio show airs on Los Angeles top 40 station KIIS-FM and was launched at the same time as the television show with the same name, although Seacrest had hosted a similar show in afternoon drive on sister station KYSR from 1995 until 2003. The TV series ran for several months in 2004, but nationwide syndication of the radio program would not start until 2008, where a majority of its affiliates air it in the middays or afternoons.
The show is broadcast from the E! Entertainment Studios in the Mid-Wilshire District of Los Angeles. On Air with Ryan Seacrest is also syndicated through Premiere Networks on over 130 radio stations nationwide and in Canada.
About the show
The radio program, which initially featured a former local news correspondent by the name of Ellen K., includes many popular segments such as Manny Streetz, Ginger Chan with Traffic, and the ever popular '60 Seconds of Sleaze' is the entertainment news segment provided by Ellen K. This segment was actually originated by Seacrest's predecessor on KIIS-FM, Rick Dees, in a segment called "Dees Sleaze." One of the most popular segments is the fictional 'Ryan's Roses': where "listeners" call in with the suspicion that their significant other is cheating. An 'On Air' staff member then calls the accused cheater imitating a florist who wishes to offer them a dozen free roses to be sent to anybody of their choosing. Often the accused cheater will send the flowers to the "wrong person," which often results in the "truth" pouring out and an argument between the couple, moderated by Seacrest. This segment is based on the common radio skit War of the Roses, which has been used on hundreds of radio shows around the country since the mid-1990s.
Following departure from the show, Ellen was replaced by former KIIS-FM midday jock Sisanie (who was also the substitute host for her on occasional days). It was officially announced on December 4, 2015, during the KIIS Jingle Ball 2015.
- On May 2014, the show hit airwave the first time in Bangkok, Thailand on COOLcelsius 91.5 every weekday from 7 - 10 am
- In 2008, Singapore's 987FM was the first station outside the United States to air the program. It lasted around November 2010. It is currently airing on Kiss 92FM from 6am to 12pm on Sundays.
- From June 2010, this show aired on the Malaysia radio station, Fly FM weekdays from 11 pm to 2 am except East Malaysia because Fly FM is not available in East Malaysia. Previously, this show was aired on 1 pm to 4 pm weekdays.
- In Dubai, United Arab Emirates, On Air can be heard on Virgin Radio 104.4 every Sunday to Thursday from 1pm to 3pm and re-airs every Sunday to Wednesday from 10pm to 12pm.
- In Australia, the show airs weeknights 7pm-9pm on the KIIS Network (except Perth).
- On Air is also being broadcast in Canada on many radio stations, particularly the Virgin Radio stations in Toronto, Montreal, Edmonton, Vancouver, Winnipeg, Calgary and Fredericton on CIBX-FM.
- In South Africa the show is broadcast on 94.5 KFM in the Western Cape every weekday from 7pm - 10pm local time.
- In Namibia, the show is broadcast in most large towns and cities across the country by Windhoek based radio station, RadioWave weekdays from 6pm - 10pm local time.
- In Dominican Republic, Ryan's show is broadcast on Be 99.7 everyday from noon to 4pm.
- In United Kingdom, Ryan's show is broadcast on Heat Radio each weekday afternoon. Ryan's show was first broadcast on the Real Radio network weekday night at 10pm. from 2011 until 2013.
- In Lebanon the show airs weekdays 12nn-3pm on Virgin Radio Lebanon (previously, it was aired on 105.5 Radio One until 2015).
- In Ireland the show airs weeknights on Dublin's 98FM Monday to Thursday from 9pm to 10pm and Sunday 10am - 12pm.
- in Jordan the show airs on Beat FM
- American Top 5 - In March 2010, Premiere Networks announced the creation of American Top 5, a condensed daily top-5 countdown spinoff of the American Top 40 franchise. It is also known as the iHeartRadio Top 5 on iHeartMedia-owned stations.
- Ryan's Roses - Listeners call in with the suspicion that their significant other is cheating. An 'On Air' staff member then calls the accused cheater imitating a florist who wishes to offer them a dozen free roses to be sent to anybody of their choosing. Often the accused cheater will send the flowers to the "wrong person," which often results in the "truth" pouring out and an argument between the couple, moderated by Seacrest. This segment is based on the common radio skit War of the Roses, which has been used on hundreds of radio shows around the country since the mid-1990s. 
- Tell Me Something Good - Listeners call and explain something good that has happened in their lives.
- "Ellen K Exits 'On Air With Ryan Seacrest' for Her Own KOST L.A. Show". Billboard. October 7, 2015. Retrieved October 16, 2015.
- "See Photos From Ellen K’s Final ‘OAWRS’ Broadcast". Ryanseacrest.com. October 16, 2015. Retrieved October 16, 2015.
- "Sisanie Officially The New Co-Host For 'On Air With Ryan Seacrest'". AllAccess.com. December 5, 2015. Retrieved December 8, 2015.
- "Ryan Seacrest Show to air on Bauer’s heat". RadioToday. 28 July 2014.
- Ryan Seacrest joins Real Radio Radio Today, July 2011
- "Premiere Networks". premiereradio.com.
- This segment uses vocal actors/actresses to generate response from radio listeners. Many times, the same segment will be replayed on air with the same caller who called originally to be replayed. Likewise, the show has replayed the same recorded segment when a radio listener calls in for advice from Ryan at different months.