On Air with Ryan Seacrest
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Genre||Comedy, Talk, Music|
|Running time||5 hours (including commercials; on KIIS-FM)
3-4 hours (syndicated)
|Country of origin||United States|
|Created by||Ryan Seacrest|
|Produced by||Stephen Spradlin
|Executive producer(s)||Ryan Seacrest
|Original release||2004 (at KIIS-FM)
2008 (Syndication) – present
On Air with Ryan Seacrest is an American syndicated radio program hosted by Ryan Seacrest. As of 2017, the daily morning radio show airs on Los Angeles top 40 station KIIS-FM; it was launched at the same time as the television show with the same name, although Seacrest had hosted a similar show in afternoon drive on sister station KYSR from 1995 until 2003. The TV series ran for several months in 2004, but nationwide syndication of the radio program would not start until 2008, where a majority of its affiliates air it in the middays or afternoons.
The radio show is broadcast from the KIIS-FM studios in Burbank, California. On Air with Ryan Seacrest is also syndicated through Premiere Networks on over 130 radio stations nationwide and in Canada. Although Seacrest began working in New York on May 1, 2017, as co-host of Live with Kelly and Ryan on ABC, the KIIS-FM radio program will continue to air live from 6am to 10am Pacific Time, with Seacrest using a Manhattan studio.
The radio program, which initially featured a former local news correspondent by the name of Ellen K., includes many popular segments such as Manny Streetz, Ginger Chan with Traffic, and the ever popular '60 Seconds of Sleaze' is the entertainment news segment provided by Ellen K. This segment was actually originated by Seacrest's predecessor on KIIS-FM, Rick Dees, in a segment called "Dees Sleaze." One of the most popular segments is the fictional 'Ryan's Roses': where "listeners" call in with the suspicion that their significant other is cheating. An 'On Air' staff member then calls the accused cheater imitating a florist who wishes to offer them a dozen free roses to be sent to anybody of their choosing. Often the accused cheater will send the flowers to the "wrong person," which often results in the "truth" pouring out and an argument between the couple, moderated by Seacrest. This segment is based on the common radio skit War of the Roses, which has been used on hundreds of radio shows around the country since the mid-1990s. Recently someone was called and they knew it was Ryan's Roses so they tried out Seacrest Spa to try to get undetected.
Following departure from the show, Ellen was replaced by former KIIS-FM midday jock Sisanie (who was also the substitute host for her on occasional days). It was officially announced on December 4, 2015, during the KIIS Jingle Ball 2015.
On May 1, 2017, Seacrest was named the new co-host of the syndicated television talk show Live with Kelly; to accommodate Seacrest's move, iHeartMedia will construct a new studio within the facilities of WABC-TV in New York City (where Live originates).
- On May 2014, the show hit airwave the first time in Bangkok, Thailand on COOLcelsius 91.5 every weekday from 7 - 10 am
- In 2008, Singapore's 987FM was the first station outside the United States to air the program. It lasted around November 2010. It was later aired on Kiss 92FM from 8pm to 12mn on weeknights until January 2016.
- From June 2010, this show aired on the Malaysia radio station, Fly FM weekdays from 11 pm to 2 am except East Malaysia because Fly FM is not available in East Malaysia. Previously, this show was aired on 1 pm to 4 pm weekdays.
- In Dubai, United Arab Emirates, On Air can be heard on Virgin Radio 104.4 every Sunday to Thursday from 1pm to 3pm and re-airs every Sunday to Wednesday from 10pm to 12pm.
- In Australia, the show airs weeknights 7pm-9pm on the KIIS Network (except Perth).
- On Air is also being broadcast in Canada on many radio stations, particularly the Virgin Radio stations in Halifax, Toronto, Montreal, Edmonton, Vancouver, Winnipeg, Calgary and Fredericton on CIBX-FM.
- In South Africa the show is broadcast on 94.5 KFM in the Western Cape every weekday from 7pm - 10pm local time.
- In Namibia, the show is broadcast in most large towns and cities across the country by Windhoek based radio station, RadioWave weekdays from 6pm - 10pm local time.
- In Dominican Republic, Ryan's show is broadcast on Be 99.7 everyday from noon to 4pm.
- In United Kingdom, Ryan's show is broadcast on Heat Radio each weekday afternoon. Ryan's show was first broadcast on the Real Radio network weekday night at 10pm. from 2011 until 2013.
- In Lebanon the show airs weekdays 12nn-3pm on Virgin Radio Lebanon (previously, it was aired on 105.5 Radio One until 2015).
- in Jordan the show airs on Beat FM
- In China, The syndicated program aired on Beijing People's Broadcasting Station's METRO Radio/FM 94.5MHz from May 18th, 2015. The show airs from 10 am to 2 pm on weekdays.
- Ryan's Roses - Listeners call in with the suspicion that their significant other is cheating. An 'On Air' staff member then calls the accused cheater imitating a florist who wishes to offer them a dozen free roses to be sent to anybody of their choosing. Often the accused cheater will send the flowers to the "wrong person," which often results in the "truth" pouring out and an argument between the couple, moderated by Seacrest. This segment is based on the common radio skit War of the Roses, which has been used on hundreds of radio shows around the country since the mid-1990s. 
- Tell Me Something Good - Listeners call and explain something good that has happened in their lives.
- "Ellen K Exits 'On Air With Ryan Seacrest' for Her Own KOST L.A. Show". Billboard. October 7, 2015. Retrieved October 16, 2015.
- "See Photos From Ellen K’s Final ‘OAWRS’ Broadcast". Ryanseacrest.com. October 16, 2015. Retrieved October 16, 2015.
- "Sisanie Officially The New Co-Host For 'On Air With Ryan Seacrest'". AllAccess.com. December 5, 2015. Retrieved December 8, 2015.
- "Ryan Seacrest Tapped as Kelly Ripa’s Permanent Co-Host on ‘Live’". Variety. Retrieved 9 May 2017.
- "On Air With Ryan Seacrest - Virgin Radio Dubai". Virgin Radio Dubai. 2013-07-22. Retrieved 2016-10-27.
- "Ryan Seacrest Show to air on Bauer’s heat". RadioToday. 28 July 2014.
- Ryan Seacrest joins Real Radio Radio Today, July 2011
- "On Air with Ryan Seacrest". 102.5 Beat FM. Retrieved 2016-10-27.
- This segment uses vocal actors/actresses to generate response from radio listeners. Many times, the same segment will be replayed on air with the same caller who called originally to be replayed. Likewise, the show has replayed the same recorded segment when a radio listener calls in for advice from Ryan at different months. Recently someone was called and they knew it was Ryan's Roses so they tried out Seacrest Spa to try to get undetected.