"On Our Own" is a song by Bobby Brown recorded in April 1989 and released the following month as a single from the Ghostbusters II soundtrack. It peaked at number one on the U.S. Billboard R&B chart for one week. It peaked at number two on the Billboard Hot 100 pop chart for three weeks, kept from the top spot by a combination of Prince's "Batdance" and Richard Marx's "Right Here Waiting". It reached number four on the UK Singles Chart. The song appears in the next-gen versions of Grand Theft Auto V on Non-Stop Pop FM. Brown had a cameo in the film as a doorman who leads the quartet into Gracie Mansion for a meeting with the mayor.
The video was filmed in May 1989 and released in June. The video features several guest appearances by celebrities including Jane Curtin, Malcolm Forbes, Iman, Victoria Jackson, Sally Kirkland, Rick Moranis, Joey and Marky Ramone of The Ramones, Christopher Reeve, Lori Singer, Doug E. Fresh, and Donald Trump. Additionally, there are scenes from Ghostbusters II, interspersed with New York City locations such as the Trump Tower, World Trade Center, and Plaza Hotel.
- Bobby Brown: lead vocals, rap
- L.A. Reid: drums, percussion
- Babyface: keyboards, backing vocals
- Kayo: synthesized bass
- Donald Parks: Fairlight programming
- Daryl Simmons, Melvin Edmonds, Kevon Edmonds, Keith Mitchell: backing vocals
|Canada Top Singles (RPM)
- ^ Roffman, Michael (February 28, 2014). "The 30 Best Songs from Movie Soundtracks". Consequence of Sound. Retrieved August 4, 2016.
- ^ Whitburn, Joel (2004). Top R&B/Hip-Hop Singles: 1942-2004. Record Research. p. 81.
- ^ "GTA 5 Radio Stations". iGTA5.com. Retrieved 18 November 2014.
- ^ "Top Singles - Volume 51, No. 8, December 23, 1989". RPM. December 23, 1999. Archived from the original on September 7, 2017. Retrieved November 22, 2017.