On Protecting Children from Information Harmful to Their Health and Development
||It has been suggested that this article be merged with Russian Internet Restriction Bill. (Discuss) Proposed since March 2015.|
Federal Law of Russian Federation no. 436-FZ of 2010-12-23 “On Protection of Children from Information Harmful to Their Health and Development” (Russian: Федеральный закон Российской Федерации от 29 декабря 2010 г. N 436-ФЗ «О защите детей от информации, причиняющей вред их здоровью и развитию») is a content rating law passed in Russia in 2010.
An amending law was enacted in July 2012. That law contained changes to other laws, introducing a "child-protecting" Internet blacklist not related to this law, so Russian Wikipedia protested the bill with a blackout.
The law prohibits the distribution of "harmful" material among minors, including material which "may elicit fear, horror, or panic in children", or depicts violence, unlawful activities, substance abuse, or self-harm. It has been amended twice; an amendment in 2012 instituted a mandatory content rating system for material distributed through an "information and telecommunication network" (covering television and the internet), and, in other laws, established a blacklist for censoring websites which describe suicide, glorify illegal drugs, or contain child pornography. A second amendment passed in 2013 added "propaganda" promoting "non-traditional sexual relationships" as a class of harmful content under the law.
- "Amendments to the law on protecting children from information harmful to their health and development". Kremlin.ru. Government of Russia. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- "Law on protecting children from negative and harmful information". Kremlin.ru. Government of Russia. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- "Russia awaits verdict on a new TV censorship law". Russia Behind the Headlines. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- "Russia internet blacklist law takes effect". BBC News. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- Internet Restriction Bill (Federal law of Russian Federation no. 139-FZ of 2012-07-28)
- Russian LGBT propaganda law
- "Law on protecting children from negative and harmful information". Kremlin.ru. 3 January 2011. Retrieved August 11, 2012.