On Second Thought
|"On Second Thought"|
|Single by Eddie Rabbitt|
|from the album Jersey Boy|
|B-side||"Only One Love In My Life"|
|Eddie Rabbitt singles chronology|
"On Second Thought" is a song written and recorded by American country music artist Eddie Rabbitt.  It was released in November 1989 as the first single from the album Jersey Boy. The song topped both the United States and Canadian country charts for two weeks in 1990. It was the final No. 1 song for Rabbitt, who died from lung cancer in 1998.
The song marked a return to traditional country for Rabbitt since his emergence as a crossover success in the late 1970s and early 1980s. It had been described as a "country shuffle."  A re-recorded version of the song was also included on his 1997 album Beatin' the Odds.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||1|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||21|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||3|
- Dillon, Charlotte. Jersey Boy, Allmusic.
- Eddie Rabbitt > Charts & Awards > Billboard Singles, Allmusic
- " Eddie Rabbitt, 56, Whose Songs Zigzagged From Pop to Country", The New York Times, 1998-05-09.
- Eddie Rabbitt Biography, CMT.
- Dillon, Charlotte. Beatin' the Odds, Allmusic.
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 9198." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. March 3, 1990. Retrieved August 23, 2013.
- "Eddie Rabbitt – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Eddie Rabbitt.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1990". RPM. December 22, 1990. Retrieved August 23, 2013.
- "Best of 1990: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1990. Retrieved August 23, 2013.
|Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks
February 17, 1990
"No Matter How High"
by The Oak Ridge Boys
|RPM Country Tracks
March 3, 1990