On the Move (Nat Adderley album)
|On the Move|
|Live album by |
Nat Adderley Quintet
|Recorded||October 1982 at Keystone Korner, San Francisco, CA|
|Label||Theresa TR 117|
|Nat Adderley chronology|
|The Penguin Guide to Jazz|||
|The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide|||
The Penguin Guide to Jazz states "The group as a whole is very strong and while there may be quibbles about the sound quality ... there are none whatsoever about the music". In his review for AllMusic, Ron Wynn stated "neither Adderley nor pianist Larry Willis, who supplied half the date's songs, were in top form. Willis played some nice melodies but did not offer much during his solos, while Adderley was plagued by sloppy articulation. However, the work of Fortune, who has not recorded nearly often enough, salvages things somewhat".
All compositions by Nat Adderley except as indicated
- "Malandro" (Larry Willis) - 12:11
- "The Boy With the Sad Eyes" - 7:57
- "To Wisdom the Prize" (Willis) - 10:14
- "Naturally" - 7:00
- "The Scene" - 4:34
- "Come in out of the Rain" (Willis) - 14:30 Bonus track on CD reissue
- Nat Adderley - cornet
- Sonny Fortune - alto saxophone
- Larry Willis - piano
- Walter Booker - bass
- Jimmy Cobb - drums
- Sonny Fortune discography accessed January 13, 2015
- Cook, Richard; Brian Morton (1994). The Penguin Guide to Jazz on CD, LP & Cassette. The Penguin Guide to Jazz (2nd ed.). London: Penguin. p. 14. ISBN 0-14-017949-6.
- Wynn, Ron. On the Move – Review at AllMusic. Retrieved January 13, 2015.
- Swenson, J., ed. (1985). The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide. USA: Random House/Rolling Stone. p. 5. ISBN 0-394-72643-X.