On the Way to School
|On the Way to School|
|Edited by||Thomas Balkenhol|
|Distributed by||Tiglon Film|
On the Way to School (Turkish: İki Dil Bir Bavul) is a 2008 Turkish documentary film directed by Orhan Eskiköy and Özgür Doğan. It has attracted 78,000 people in eight weeks, an impressive showing for a documentary.
The film is an openhearted account of a young Turkish teacher during a school year in a Kurdish village in southeastern Turkey.
Film production began in September 2007 and was completed in June 2008.
The film opened in 22 screens across Turkey on October 23, 2009at number five in the Turkish box office chart with an opening weekend gross of $60,387.
The film debuted number five in the Turkish box office chart and has made a total gross of $399,581.
- 3rd International Middle East Film Festival (9-17 Oct, 2009) - Black Pearl Award for best Middle Eastern documentary film (Won)
- 46th Antalya Golden Orange Film Festival (10-17 Oct, 2009) - Golden Orange for Best First Film: Özgür Dogan & Orhan Eskikoy (Won)
- 21st Ankara International Film Festival (11–21 March 2010) - Mahmut Tali Öngören Special Award (Won)
- "Açılımdan nemalanmadık!". Yeni Şafak. 24 October 2009. Archived from the original on 15 October 2010. Retrieved 30 December 2009.
- "Iki Dil Bir Bavul". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2010-02-24.
- "Two Turkish movies win at Abu Dhabi fest". Today's Zaman. Retrieved 2010-02-24.[permanent dead link]
- "'Köprüdekiler' receives best movie award at Ankara Film Festival". Today's Zaman. Archived from the original on 2014-04-28. Retrieved 2010-02-24.
- "Winners presented with awards at Ankara Film Festival". Turkish Daily News. Retrieved 2010-02-24.
- "Filming locations for On the Way to School". IMDB. Retrieved 2010-02-18.