Ona Ze in 2000.
March 3, 1951|
Los Angeles, California, USA
|Other names||Ona Simms, Ona Z, Joanna Collins|
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
|Weight||118 lb (54 kg; 8.4 st)|
Zee reportedly worked for the Wilhelmina Agency in the 1970s. She also did nude modeling and later decided to move into pornographic videos. She starred or appeared in over 300 adult movies since entering the industry in 1986. She was about 35 years old when she began, an age when many adult performers have already retired. She typically played what would later be called MILF or "cougar" roles.
"I am an exhibitionist, so to take it to the nth degree was obviously where I was going. It took me a little longer to get there than some women but I knew I could be one of the best actresses in adult films, if not the best," she said in an interview. For 67 videos she served as director, writer and producer. In 1990, she formed her own production company, Ona Zee Pictures. The company initially focused on bondage titles, but later moved on to other genres as well, such as feature and girl-girl movies.
During the 1990s she formed a pornographic performers' union, but it ultimately collapsed due to lack of political and legal support.
- 1989 AVN Award – Best Actress (film) (Portrait of an Affair)
- 1992 AVN Award – Best Actress, video (Starlet)
- 1993 AVN Award – Best Supporting Actress (film) (Secret Garden 1 and 2)
- 2000 Hot d'Or – Hot d'Or d'Honneur
- AVN Hall of Fame
Zee was born in Los Angeles, California. According to the TV series HBO Real Sex, Ona Zee was the spouse of Frank Zee, a Vietnam-era combat jet pilot. They were still married by the 1990s. She has since remarried.
- "Ona Zee: Personal Biography". IAFD. Retrieved 18 February 2014.
- "PORN POWER, Female Style". adultvideonews.com. Archived from the original on August 4, 2003. Retrieved 30 September 2015.
- Video on YouTube
- Wood, Ken. "Women On Top". adultvideonews.com. Adult Video News. Archived from the original on April 12, 2003. Retrieved 30 September 2015.
- Paul Apostolidis; Renee Heberle; Mary Caputi (2006). Feminist Interpretations of Theodor Adorno. Google Books. Retrieved 2008-10-28.
- "Past Winners". Retrieved 2007-09-22.
- "Hot Stuff at Hot d'Or Awards". AVN. 2000-05-19. Archived from the original on 2010-01-20. Retrieved 2008-10-30.
- "AVN Hall of Fame listing". Adult Video News. Archived from the original on April 15, 2009. Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- "The One and Ona". AVN.com. 1999-10-11. Retrieved 2018-07-16.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ona Zee.|