Once Upon a Kiss
|Once Upon a Kiss|
|Directed by||Joyce E. Bernal|
|Creative director(s)||Roy Iglesias|
|Theme music composer||Pearisha Abubakar|
|Opening theme||"One Day You'll Find Me" by Hannah Precillas|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||83|
|Executive producer(s)||Rebya V. Upalda|
|Camera setup||Multiple-camera setup|
|Running time||30–45 minutes|
|Production company(s)||GMA Entertainment TV|
|Original network||GMA Network|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Original release||January 5– May 1, 2015|
Once Upon a Kiss is a 2015 Philippine television drama romance comedy series broadcast by GMA Network. Directed by Joyce E. Bernal, it stars Bianca Umali and Miguel Tanfelix. It premiered on January 5, 2015 on the network's Telebabad line up replacing Strawberry Lane and worldwide on GMA Pinoy TV. The series concluded on May 1, 2015 on with a total of 83 episodes. It was replaced by Let the Love Begin in its timeslot.
Coming from poor families, Aurora (Manilyn Reynes) and Eric (Cris Villanueva) used to dream of having a better life together. However, for material gain, Eric gave up his love for Aurora and pursued Giselle (Mylene Dizon), the daughter of the family who owns the rest house Aurora's parents work for.
Later on, Aurora got married to Jimmy (Keempee de Leon), Eric's best friend. Eric, on the other hand, regretted marrying Giselle because her family just treated him like a puppet in their company.
Prince (Miguel Tanfelix) is the son of Eric with Giselle, while Ella (Bianca Umali) is the daughter of Aurora with Jimmy. Although their families are mortal enemies, they become childhood friends. But they become separated when Prince leaves for the city.
They cross paths once again at Pelaez's farm and they didn't know that they were childhood friend because Prince is now an arrogant and egotistical teen. Until, they became bestfriends for the whole summer break. Actually, Ella said that they will become best friends forever. Then, the summer break ends. They will separate again because Prince will study at St. Patrick's Academy in Manila and Ella is just studying at their province. Ella is listening in the radio and then she plan to join the contest and the prize is scholarship grant to study at one private school.
Ella is so happy because she won at that contest and finally she will now study at one private school. Will their paths will cross again? Or it is the ending of their friendship?
When Ella studied at the St. Patrick, Ella and Prince became friends again when they're high school life is going to end, Ella had a brain tumor and the only for Ella to be alive again for to go to a surgery but their family can't afford it so Prince asked her mom Gissele to give some money to Ella's mom Aurora. Prince's mom didn't want to without a deal so Giselle told Prince that she can only give money for Ella's surgery in exchange for giving up their friendship.
After the surgery, Ella became suspicious of Prince's actions of avoiding her until it reaches at the point of their beach excursion when she found out his real motive of avoiding her. The Pelaez divided by itself which caused Prince to run away from home. Back at San Bartolome, the farmers that are working at the Pelaez' Pineapple Plantation are poisoned. It is due to Hans Pillergo's decision to use substandard pesticide to get more money illegally. He ran away and the Pelaez are being blamed for the incident.
Cast and characters
- Lead cast
- Supporting cast
- Pelaez family
- Michael de Mesa as Enrique "King" Pelaez
- Mylene Dizon as Giselle Pelaez-Almario
- Cris Villanueva as Eric Almario
- Mariel Pamintuan as Athena Almario
- Tessie Tomas as Mérida Almario
- Servando family
- Manilyn Reynes as Aurora Servando-Rodrigo
- Nova Villa as Adelaida 'Adela' Servando
- Al Tantay as Pedring Servando
- Keempee de Leon as Jimmy Servando-Rodrigo
- Salazar family
- Other teens
- Luigi Revilla as John
- Miggy Jimenez as Mickey Abueva
- Nicole Dulalia as Lily
- Jenny Alvarez as Amber Monteverde
- Eunice Lagusad as Melody Catacutan
- Recurring cast
- Betong Sumaya as Sebastian Poblador
- Frank Magalona as Hans Peligro
- Valerie Concepcion as Minnie Servando-Rodrigo
- Cai Cortez as Yaya Fiona Allegre
- Ana Roces as Daisy
- Pekto as Badong
- Ping Medina as Sido
- Sherilyn Reyes-Tan as Jasmine
- Tina Paner as Sophia
- Ramon Christopher as Renato
- Guest cast
- Gabby Eigenmann as Philip Madasalin "Father Madz"
- Chuckie Dreyfus as Luis Montenegro
- Orestes Ojeda as Adolfo Pelaez
- Elijah Alejo as young Athena Pelaez
- Rochelle Pangilinan as Rapunzel Pelaez-Almario
- Marc Justine "MJ" Alvarez as young Mickey Abueva
- Joshua Lichtenberg as young Prince Pelaez-Almario
- Hershey Garcia as young Mariella "Ella" Servando-Rodrigo
- Zandra Summer as secretary of Giselle Pelaez
- Carme Sanchez as Nelly
- Mosang as Mimay
- Ashley Cabrera as Fifi
According to AGB Nielsen Philippines' Mega Manila household television ratings, the pilot episode of Once Upon a Kiss earned a 19.8% rating. While the final episode scored a 23.2% rating. The series had its highest rating on April 28, 2015 and May 1, 2015 with a 23.2% rating.
- Franco, Bernie V. (December 5, 2014). "Miguel Tanfelix says it is too early to be in a serious relationship with leading lady Bianca Umali". Retrieved March 18, 2016.
- Aquino, Elisa (December 20, 2014). "Fall in love with Miguel Tanfelix and Bianca Umali in 'Once Upon A Kiss'". Retrieved March 18, 2016.
- Ching, Mark Angelo (January 16, 2015). "AGB Nielsen Mega Manila Household Ratings (Jan 1-9, 2015): Strawberry Lane and Hiram na Alaala finish strongly; The Ryzza Mae Show beats mini-series of Gerald-Maja & KC-Paulo". Retrieved January 24, 2018.
- Ching, Mark Angelo (May 5, 2015). "AGB Nielsen Mega Manila Household Ratings (April 29-May 3, 2015): Once Upon a Kiss finale defeats Forevermore; GMA-7 gets highest viewership for Pacquiao vs Mayweather". Retrieved March 1, 2018.
|This Philippine television program-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|