Once Upon a Treehouse
|Founder||Lori Schoeneman and Tara Schoeneman-Brown|
Once Upon a Treehouse is a toy company founded in 2011 that produces eco-friendly products.
Once Upon a Treehouse was founded in November 2011 by Lori Schoeneman and Tara Schoeneman-Brown, two sisters looking to create dolls that were eco-friendly for girls between the ages of three and eight. Both are graduates of Harvard Business School. The name of the company stems from their grandfather, who had built them dollhouses out of wood.
Dolls and dollhouses
The company produces dolls and dollhouses, created in the Waldorf style. Its dolls are hand painted and the company intends to avoid overly sophisticated or innuendo in the look of their toys. They produce both dollhouse dolls and larger 15-inch tall plush dolls. Their dollhouses come in different sizes and do include customizable options. For every doll bought, a doll is donated to the Kids in Distressed Situations or another charity in order for them to be provided to children in need. Each piece of furniture for the houses are also sold separately. The company also sells "tea party" toys that allow additional options for dolls. Toys are sold via their company website. The company calls their doll donation model the "Fairy Dolly Mother program". All dolls contain no plastic, and are made from solely from wood, cotton fabrics and natural wool.
- Teresa Novellino (April 22, 2013). "Once upon a Treehouse: All girls allowed". Upstart Business Journal. Retrieved May 21, 2013.
- "Local "mommypreneurs" inspire play in Hollywood, around the world". WFMZ-TV. March 12, 2013. Retrieved May 21, 2013.
- "Lemon Lane Dollhouse". St. Louis Post-Dispatch. November 2, 2012. Retrieved May 21, 2013.
- Jen Niles (January 31, 2013). "Toy Review: Once Upon a TreeHouse". Telegram & Gazette. Retrieved May 21, 2013.
- "Doll Houses That Will Stand Time". WPHL-TV. April 26, 2013. Retrieved May 21, 2013.
- "Coping with Kids: Tray lets toddlers eat at family table". Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. November 5, 2012. Retrieved May 21, 2013.