Once in a Lifetime: The Extraordinary Story of the New York Cosmos
|Once in a Lifetime|
|Directed by||Paul Crowder
|Produced by||John Battsek
|Starring||Matt Dillon (narrator)
Raphael de la Sierra
|Distributed by||Miramax Films
The movie premiered on July 7, 2006 in the New York City area. Miramax distributed the film only in limited release. The movie combines the narration of veteran actor Matt Dillon with interviews with many of the team's legendary star players (with the notable exception of Pelé) and footage of the team in the North American Soccer League in the late 1970s and early 1980s.
The soundtrack released on CD includes many of the songs listed below.
The in-movie soundtrack includes
- 4hero - "Les Fleur"
- Art Jerry Miller - "Grab a Handful"
- The Commodores - "Machine Gun"
- Creative Source - "Who Is He and What Is He to You?"
- David Holmes - Gritty Shaker"
- Dinah Washington - "Is You Is or Is You Aint My Baby?" (Rae n' Christian mix)
- Donna Summer - "I Feel Love"
- Fila Brazillia - "President Chimp Toe"
- Free Association - "Sugar Man"
- The Jackson Sisters - "I Believe in Miracles"
- The Jam - "Precious"
- James Brown - "The Boss"
- John Miles - "Highfly"
- Jr. Walker & The All Stars - "Nothing But Soul"
- Jr. Walker & The All Stars - "Right On Brothers and Sisters"
- Jr. Walker & The All Stars - "Walk in the Night"
- KansasCali - "U Gotta Fight!"
- Kool & The Gang - "Dujii"
- Kool & The Gang - "Summer Madness"
- The Love Unlimited Orchestra (see Barry White) - "Strange Games & Things"
- Maceo And The Macks (see Maceo Parker) - "Cross the Tracks (We Better Go Back)"
- The Main Ingredient - "Everybody Plays the Fool"
- Marlena Shaw - "Woman of the Ghetto"
- The Osmonds - "Crazy Horses"
- Parliament - "Supergroove..."
- The Penfifteen Club - "Disco MF"
- The Pretenders - "The Wait"
- Primal Scream - "Rocks"
- Sparks - "This Town Ain't Big Enough for the Both of Us"
- Steely Dan - "Showbiz Kids"
- Steely Dan - "Dirty Work"
- Sweet Charles - "Yes it's You"
- The Supremes - "He's My Man"
- Velvet Revolver - "Money"