Once in a Summer
|Once in a Summer|
|Revised Romanization||Geuhae yeoreum|
|Directed by||Joh Keun-shik|
|Produced by||Park Mu-seung
|Written by||Kim Eun-hee|
|Music by||Shim Hyeon-jeong|
|Edited by||Kim Sang-bum|
Once in a Summer (Hangul: 그해여름) is a 2006 South Korean melodrama/romance film directed by Joh Keun-shik. The film stars Lee Byung-hun and Soo Ae. It won Best Film and Best Director (for Joh) at the 15th Chunsa Film Art Awards in 2007.
To make up for her poor performance as an assistant producer, a girl promises to have her reserved but very renowned professor appear on their television series. The show involves locating the long-lost loved ones of the participant's past. Although hesitant at first, the professor finally agrees. His story takes the assistant back 50 years—1969—when the world is in chaos.
President Park Chung-hee is a dictator and the students are furious. Suk-young and a group of his classmates travel to the country to escape the tense city and help a small village become up-to-date with newly invented technology. It is there he meets Jung-in, a very pretty girl who is the custodian of the only library. Cheerful and happy, they first run across each other when Suk-young hears Jung-in singing while hanging up laundry. Over the period of time that Suk-young is at the village, they get to know each other more. Although Jung-in is hesitant, she gradually opens up to Suk-young. However, their bumpy courtship is threatened by dark secrets that Jung-in hides about her family and their history in the village, secrets that will haunt the pair as the volatile political climate catches up with them.
- Lee Byung-hun as Yun Suk-young
- Soo Ae as Seo Jung-in
- Choi Deok-moon as Suk-young's senior
- Jeong Seok-yong as Mr. Kim
- Lee Hye-eun as Bok-ja
- Lee Se-eun as Lee Su-jin
- Na Ki-soo as Suk-young's father
- Oh Dal-su as Nam Gyun-soo
- Yoo Hae-jin as PD Kim
- Park Nam-hee
- Kim Jung-ki
- "Geu-hae Yeo-reum (Once in a Summer) (2006)". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2012-06-04.
- "Korean Movie Synopsis: Once in a Summer". Korea Tourism Organization. Retrieved 2012-06-04.
- "Once in a Summer (Korea, 2006)". LoveHKFilm.com. Retrieved 2010-12-19.
- "Once in a Summer to be Released in Japan". KBS Global. 12 January 2007. Retrieved 2014-10-12.
- Official website (Korean)
- Once in a Summer at HanCinema
- Once in a Summer at the Korean Movie Database
- Once in a Summer at the Internet Movie Database
|This South Korean film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a 2000s romantic drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|