|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2015)|
Yaba Street, Ondo
|Local Government||Ondo West LGA, Ondo EastLGA|
|• Executive Governor||Olusegun Mimiko|
|• Total||275,917 (est)|
|• Religions||Christianity, African Traditional Religions Muslim|
Ondo City is the second largest city in Ondo State, Nigeria. It has a population of 364,960.  Local industries include food processing and wood processing firm cocoa manufacture. There is also a cultivation, harvest and processing of plantain
Ondo City is primarily inhabited by the Yoruba. Ondo has two stadiums a 5,000 capacity stadium in Adeyemi College of Education and Ondo City Stadium which is 10,000 capacity stadium and a division two football professional team which Rising Stars F.C. and The Works Football club. Companies in Ondo include Premier Metal Industry, John Holt ,Nigerian Romanian wood industry,stanmark cocoa processing company now Cadbury Nigeria plc,ondo,Kiranil Nigeria Limited,Sunshine Cassava Processing Company and wood industry,China Railway Construction Corporation Limited CRCC, Nigerian Concrete Industry etc. Popular festivals celebrated in Ondo include Odunbami, Ogun festivals and Ekinmogun day.
Ondo City is the trade center for the surrounding region. Yams, cassava, grain, and tobacco are grown, and cotton is also grown and used to weave cloth called Aso Oke fabric. It is also the largest producer of cocoa products in the region. 
The title of the king of the town, who reigns as a direct descendant of the fabled Emperor Oduduwa, is Osemawe. The serving incumbent is Dr. Victor Kiladejo, who was selected in September 2006 following the death of the former king, Dr. Festus Ibidapo Adesanoye. 
- Ondo State University of Medical Sciences is a University of Medical sciences owned by the Ondo State Government, established in 2015. The University is the 3rd specialized University in Africa and Nigeria’s first specialized Medical University to be accredited by the National Universities Commission
- Wesley University of Science and Technology is private university owned by Methodist Church of Nigeria
- Adeyemi College of Education: is a federal government higher education institution located in Ondo City, Ondo State, Nigeria , a degree awarding University affliated to Obafemi Awolowo University and also ranked as best college of education.
- TechVille: http://www.tech-ville.com/ also known as technology village is a public-private partnership/technology initiative between the Ondo State government and MIDATCO Ventures Limited (an affiliate of the US-¬‐based MIDATCO LLC),The city, which will eventually sit on 300 hectares, is a technology park that incorporates the best of 21st century-style of residential, commercial, hospitality, educational, health and recreational facilities. TechVille (Ondo) is the pioneer execution of the TechVille concept in Africa. Upon completion, TechVille (Ondo), will be the largest sustainable clean energy community in development in Africa.
- John Bosco Institute of Technology Ondo City
- NIEPA Ondo Nigeria: The National Institute for Education Planning and Administration NIEPA, Nigeria, conceived by the Federal Ministry of Education, in collaboration with UNESCO -HEP Paris, is a sub-regional staff college.
- Popular secondary schools include Ondo Boys High School, St. Joseph's college, Ondo grammar school,St.helens unity girls secondary school, St. Louis catholic school and St. Monica's grammar Schools,Hallmark Secondary School, Adeyemi College of Education Demonstration Secondary School. The Ondo Boys High School, founded in 1919, is one of Africa's 50 oldest schools.
 this are few out of over two hundred public and private schools in the city.
The Medical Village comprises of a 100-bed Mother and Child Hospital, Gani Fawehinmi Diagnostic Centre, Trauma hospital, kidney Hospital, Call Centre, Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Hospital, Heliport, staff quarters, staff school, shopping mall, and sports centre.
- Trauma and Surgical Hospital the hospital is an all-purpose trauma care facility and special surgery centre, the first of its kind in Nigeria. The hospital recently got accreditation for post graduate residency training by West African College of Surgeons WACS and National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria NPMCN.
- Mother and Child Hospital the need for a well structured and functional 2-way referral system from the basic and comprehensive health facilities led to the construction of the 100 bed facility Mother and Child Hospital (MCHA). This uncommon facilities put on ground has reduced child and maternal mortality by 50%. Goal To bring free qualitative and effective health care to women and children where they live work and play Develop sustainable equity-based health care to women and children where they live, work and play. The World Health Organisation has chosen the hospitals as research centres for child and maternal health care delivery and also as affiliated institution by two American Universities.
- Gani Fawehinmi Diagnostics Center a state-of-the-art Diagnostic Centre with modern equipment and facilities, Computerised Tomographic Scan (CT Scan), Sonography station/color, Doppler, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Digital X-ray, MRI System Room, Mammography, Pathology, Video Conferencing Auditorium stations, Telemedicine and VIP lounge. The Center is in conjunction with MeCure India Healthcare Limited.
- Kidney Dialysis Hospital a State-of-the art kidney care centre with 15 kidney dialysis machines and complete team of medical personnel.
- Cardiac Intervention Centre
- Radiotherapy and Cancer institute
- Ondo State Specialist Hospital Ondo is a all purpose general hospital located right in heart of the city.aside the listed health institutions there are various public and private hospitals and maternity centres across the city.
Tourism and Hospitality
There are investment opportunities in the tourism sector within Ondo and in nearby towns. Idanre and Oke Igbo are just one of these towns, a favorite destination for domestic and international tourists. It is just less than 30 minutes away from Ondo by car. Hotels and event centres abound in the city of Ondo. Of note is the Polak International Hotels, Afinju Hotel Resort and Suites, Level 2 Lounge, Faith Hall and Hotels, Esporta Suites and Hotels, leisure Spring Hotels, Sunny Sky, Adesuper Hotels and Cinema, Akiavic Blue Roof Hotels, Oba Adesanoye Civic Centre,Adoc,Bimoor event centre among others.
Notable Natives and Residents
- Gani Fawehinmi , SAN SAM , an Activist and Philanthropist
- Archbishop Timothy Olufosoye ,(born c. 1907/1912 - 18 December 1992) was the first Primate of the Church of Nigeria.
- Reverend Josiah Olufemi Akindayomi (1909–1980),is the founder of Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) ,while pastor Enoch Adeboye take over as General Overseer.
- Ifedayo Oladapo, OON, NNOM, (1932 - 2010) was a Nigerian academic and professor of Civil Engineering at the University of Lagos
- Olusegun Mimiko, Governor of Ondo State, former Nigeria minister of housing and urban development
- Chinwe Chukwuogo-Roy MBE, Royal portrait painter was born in Ondo City in 1952. In 2001 she painted the official Portrait of Queen Elizabeth II for her Golden Jubilee.
- Wale , a American rapper of Maybach Music Group was born Olubowale Victor Akintimehin in Northwest, Washington, D.C. on September 21, 1984. His parents are of the Yoruba Ondo City ethnic group of southwestern Nigeria and came to the United States from Austria in 1979.
- Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje ,born 22 August 1967 is a British actor and former fashion model was born in Islington, London to Nigerian parents of Yoruba Ondo City origin, who were students in the UK. He is fluent in several languages including Yoruba, Italian, and Swahili.
- Victor Oladokun, A creative force behind several cutting-edge TV programs, he has presented hundreds of episodes of leading international news and magazine programs such as CBN World News and Turning Point International and currently the CEO of 3D Global Leadership
- King Sunny Adé ,also known as king of juju is a Nigerian musician, singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and a pioneer of modern world music. He has been classed as one of the most influential musicians of all time.
- Omotola Jalade Ekeinde , is a Nigerian actress, singer, philanthropist and former model of an Ondo City descent from Lagos, Nigeria. Since her Nollywood film debut in 1995.she was honoured in Time Magazine's list of the 100 most influential people in the world alongside Michelle Obama, Beyonce and Kate Middleton.
- Olu Maintain , Olumide Edwards Adegbolu rose to prominence on May 2007 with the release of the hit song "Yahooze" from his debut studio album, Yahooze (2007) and Yahooze was preceded by a second album, Maintain Reloaded (2008) before he featured Big Bamo in the single, Kowonje.
"Yahooze" won the Nigeria Entertainment Awards in 2008 for Hottest Single of the Year. In 2008, he performed "Yahooze" at the Royal Albert Hall, London and brought on stage Colin Powell, the former United States Secretary of State.
- Frederick Fasehun , born 1938, Ondo City is a Nigerian medical doctor, hotel owner and leader of the Oodua Peoples Congress (OPC).
- Godfrey Oboabona (born in Ondo 16 August 1990) is a Nigerian international footballer who plays for Turkish club Çaykur Rizespor, as a defender.
- "The World Gazettrer". Archived from the original on 2013-02-09. Retrieved 2007-04-06.
- "Encyclopædia Britannica". Retrieved 2007-04-06.
- "Ondo Kingmakers Pick Medical Doctor As Osemawe-Elect". Retrieved 2007-04-06.
- "AfricaAlmanac.com". Retrieved 2007-04-06.
- Wiltz, Teresa (October 21, 2007). "The Great Rap Hope". The Washington Post. Retrieved November 25, 2009.
- Gini Gorlinski, The 100 Most Influential Musicians of All Time ISBN 978-1-61530-006-8, Publisher: Rosen Education Service (January 2010)
- Corliss, Richard (18 April 2013). "The 2013 Time 100: Omotola Jalade Ekeinde". TIME 100 (London). Retrieved 5 June 2013.
- "Sex is like breathing - Olu Maintain - Vanguard News". Vanguard News. Retrieved 15 June 2015.
- "Save the last dance". The Punch - Nigeria's Most Widely Read Newspaper. Retrieved 15 June 2015.
- "Frederick Isiotan Fasehun at 77". ThisDay Live. September 23, 2012. Retrieved March 18, 2015.
- Godfrey Oboabona profile at Soccerway