Fredric "Wredhe" Gråby
Ondskapt were formed in Stockholm in 2000. Their EP Slave Under His Immortal Will was released through Shining vocalist Kvarforth's label Selbstmord Services in 2001, followed by their début album Draco Sit Mihi Dux in 2003. Their second album Dödens Evangelium was released through Next Horizon Records and Norma Evangelium Diaboli in 2005. They are currently signed to Osmose Productions, who released the band's third album Arisen From the Ashes in 2010.
Style and ideology
Ondskapt are supposedly inspired by Ofermod. Their lyrical themes deal mostly with Theistic Satanism and Death Worship. Ondskapt are, according to their first release Slave Under His Immortal Will, ″merely an instrument of religious Devilworship, thus, the music and lyrics never would exist without the doctrinal as well as spiritual inversion of orthodox faith″. They released a manifesto referring to their Devil worship on their first album and their homepage. They are a part of a newer generation of Swedish Satanic bands like Watain, also supposedly inspired by Ofermod, who put this scene "into a new light" and became the leaders of the Swedish scene. Kvarforth said, "[i]t seems like people actually [got] afraid again".
- Slave Under His Immortal Will (EP, 2001)
- Draco Sit Mihi Dux (2003)
- Dödens Evangelium (2005)
- Arisen From the Ashes (2010)
- Nathan T. Birk: OFERMOD, accessed on 2 November 2012.
- Ofermod - Tiamtü, 1 October 2008, accessed on 2 November 2012.
- Ondskapt: Sit Draco Mihi Dux, Selbstmord Services 2003.
- news, accessed on 2 November 2012.
- Black Metal Satanica, 2008.
- Wolf-Rüdiger Mühlmann: Under the Sign of the Black Mark. Die zweite Generation des Black Metal. In: Rock Hard, no. 269, October 2009, p. 84.
|This article about a Swedish band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|