Ondu Motteya Kathe
|Ondu Motteya Kathe|
|Directed by||Raj B. Shetty|
|Produced by||Suhan Prasad,|
|Written by||Raj B. Shetty|
|Starring||Raj B. Shetty,|
Deepak Rai Panaje
|Music by||Midhun Mukundan|
|Edited by||Praveen Shriyan|
Pawan Kumar Studios, Mango Pickle Entertainment
Ondu Motteya Kathe (Kannada:ಒಂದು ಮೊಟ್ಟೆಯ ಕಥೆ; English: Story of Egghead) is a 2017 Kannada language romantic comedy film written and directed by debutant Raj B. Shetty who also appears in the lead role, along with Usha Bhandary, Shailashree,Prakash Tuminadu, Amrutha Naik, Shreya Anchan, Vj Vineeth, Rahul Amin, Deepak Rai Panaje and Ramdas playing supporting roles. The movie was released on 7thJuly 2017 to positive reviews. The Hindu called it the Kannada film of the year. The film won the Filmfare Award for Best Film in Kannada in 2017. The film was remade in Malayalam in 2019 as Thamaasha  and in Hindi in 2019 as Ujda Chaman.
A bald male kannada teacher, Janardhana finds his love blossoming with stout Sarala whom he met through a flopped pre-arranged marriage function
- Raj B. Shetty as Janardhana
- Usha Bhandary as Janardhan's Mom
- Shreya Anchan as Moha/Marketing girl
- Shailashree as Sarala
- Amrutha Naik as E-Madam
- VJ Vineeth
- Mime Ramdas
- Deepak Rai Panaje as Guruji
- Prakash Thuminad as Srinivas
|Ondu Motteya Kathe|
|Soundtrack album by |
|Released||1 May 2017|
|Studio||Pranava Studios, Aum Studios, Lagori Studios|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
The soundtrack of the film was composed by Midhun Mukundan and lyrics by Vishwajitj Rao, Raj B Shetty and Keerthan Bhandary.
|1.||"Chanda Avala"||Vishwajith Rao, Raj B Shetty||Midhun Mukundan|
|2.||"Henne"||Keerthan Bhandary||Deepak Doddera, Ruhee Ahamed A|
|3.||"Neenillade"||Raj B Shetty||Supriya Lohith, Raghu Ram|
|4.||"Keli Nodri- The Motte Song"||Raj B Shetty||Sooraj Santosh, Mridula Mukundan|
The film received positive reviews from critics. Deccan Chronicle wrote "Do not miss to watch this tale of an egg. It makes you fall in love, laugh, cry and most of all, it makes you realise the most beautiful aspect of life." Bangalore Mirror wrote "Ondu Motteya Kathe does not follow in the footsteps of such earlier Kannada films though. There is freshness in the approach. From the dialogues to the performances, there is a touch of new thinking. Motte does fall into familiar approaches in the second half. The plot is wrapped in a predictable manner. But with everything handled subtly, it comes across as a pioneering effort." Rakesh Mehar of News Minute wrote "There’s little that goes wrong with Ondu Motteya Kathe. Light and frothy, but also warm and empathetic, this film is one comedy you surely should not miss." Baradwaj Rangan of Film Companion South wrote "But slowly, Ondu Motteya Kathe moves towards a genre that could be called an anti-rom-com: despite the finding-a-mate hilarity, there’s an undertow of genuine sadness"
The film is probably the best tribute to Rajkumar made on Kannada screen till date and the subtle references to the late matinee idol and his films are a delight to any film buff. This movie brings forth the legend of Annavaru in an inspiring role through portraits, movie posters, scenes and songs featuring him smack bang in the middle throughout this humorous yet sensible Kannada release. Apart from Dr Rajkumar’s inspiring presence, this ‘egg’ has apt and simple ingredients which makes for an impressive tale. Debutant Raj shetty plays a major role in this film, both as writer, director and lead actor in a his bald avatar.
Movie was screened in Bangalore Bengali-Kannada Film Festival. It was one of the 4 films screened.
- Best Film – Kannada: Suhan Prasad, Pawan Kumar
- Best Director – Kannada: nominated — Raj B. Shetty
- Best Supporting Actress – Kannada: nominated — Usha Bhandari
- 7th South Indian International Movie Awards
- Best Film: pending — Suhan Prasad, Pawan Kumar
- Best Debutant Actor (Male): pending — Raj B. Shetty
- Best Debutant Director: pending — Raj B. Shetty
- Kumar, S. Shiva (4 January 2018). "Some memorable films from the south of India in 2017". The Hindu. Retrieved 5 January 2018.
- "Thamaasha movie review: Vinay Forrt lends grace and charm to an endearing Everyman- Entertainment News, Firstpost". Firstpost. 23 June 2019.
- "Vinay Forrt's 'Thamasha' from the Sudani team". Sify.
- Staff, Scroll. "'Ujda Chaman' trailer: Another balding hero's saga of finding love". Scroll.in.
- SM, Shashiprasad (7 July 2017). "Ondu Motteya Kathe movie review: Pretty 'bald' & beautiful". Deccan Chronicle.
- "Ondu Motteya Kathe movie review: A Perfectly cooked egg". Bangalore Mirror.
- Mehar, Rakesh (7 July 2017). "'Ondu Motteya Kathe' review: A warm and frothy comedy that you surely shouldn't miss". The News Minute.
- "Ondu Motteya Kathe Movie Review". Film Companion. 6 July 2017.
- SM, Shashiprasad (12 July 2017). "Movie review 'Ondu Motteya Kathe': Annavaru in an 'egg'cellent tale". Deccan Chronicle.
- Datta, Sravasti (5 June 2018). "The Bengaluru Bengali Kannada Film Festival is here!" – via www.thehindu.com.
- "Nominations for the 65th Jio Filmfare Awards (South) 2018". Filmfare. 4 June 2018. Archived from the original on 30 August 2018. Retrieved 30 August 2018.
- "Winners of the 65th Jio Filmfare Awards (South) 2018". Filmfare. 16 June 2018. Archived from the original on 17 June 2018. Retrieved 30 August 2018.
- "Nomination List / Kannada". SIIMA. siima.in. Archived from the original on 30 August 2018. Retrieved 30 August 2018.