This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
A one-liner is a joke that is delivered in a single line. A good one-liner is said to be pithy - concise and meaningful. Comedians and actors use this comedic method as part of their act, e.g. Jimmy Carr, Tommy Cooper, Rodney Dangerfield, Ken Dodd, Stewart Francis, Zach Galifianakis, Mitch Hedberg, Anthony Jeselnik, Milton Jones, Shappi Khorsandi, Jay London, Daniel Edison, Mark Linn-Baker, Demetri Martin, Groucho Marx, Dan Mintz, Emo Philips, Tim Vine, Steven Wright and Henny Youngman. Many fictional characters are also known to deliver one-liners, including James Bond, who usually includes short and witty quips after disposing of a villain.
The average person laughs 40.5 times a day because of one-liner jokes.
- "A baby seal walks into a club."
- "A dyslexic man walks into a bra." (Anonymous)
- "Venison's dear, isn't it?" (Jimmy Carr)
- "An escalator cannot break. It can only become stairs." (Mitch Hedberg)
- "Race is just a pigment of the imagination." (Glen Highland)
- "What Iran needs now is a more modern leader—a mullah lite." (Shappi Khorsandi)
- "I have nothing to declare except my genius." (Oscar Wilde, upon arriving at US customs, 1882)
- "Take my wife ... please." (Henny Youngman)
- "They hired a 3-piece band that was so lousy, every time the waiter dropped a tray, we all got up and danced!" (Les Dawson)
- "What a magnificent show this is going to be when it starts!" (Ken Dodd)
- "Infamy, infamy, they've all got it in for me" (Kenneth Williams playing Julius Caesar in Carry On Cleo)
- "I hate when I am about to hug someone really sexy and my face hits the mirror." - Bill Murray
- The Unuttered Punch Line:Pragmatic Incongruity and the Parsing of “What’s the Difference” Jokes, K.E.L. Miller, 
- "Number 64300". The Columbia World of Quotations. 1996. Retrieved 2007-06-20.
- https://twitter.com/biiimurray/status/583996377178439680?lang=en. Missing or empty