|• Tamil||ஒன்று வடக்கு|
A building under construction at one-north
one-north is a subzone and business park located in Queenstown, Singapore. The park was developed by JTC Corporation for the R&D and high technology cluster, comprising biomedical sciences, infocomm technology (ICT) and media industries. Though the development was first conceptualised in the National Technology Plan 1991, it was only launched officially in 2001 by former Deputy Prime Minister Tony Tan Keng Yam with the basis of creating a "global talent hub" and a knowledge-based economy.
one-north, which was master planned by Zaha Hadid Architects, is located near educational and research institutes like the National University of Singapore (NUS), INSEAD, Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) and the Singapore Science Parks. In 2012, ESSEC Business School also set up its Asian campus in one-north, for a total investment of S$40 million. The district has easy access to social and recreational facilities due to the close proximity to Holland Village.
Besides being a "science hub" as Dr Tan described one-north at the launch, another aim is to create a community where expatriates and locals can gather to live, work and relax together in one-north. As such, one-north will not be a government project only, but also one where private sectors contribute to provide the social and recreational amenities for the people working and living there.
Biopolis is a biomedical R&D hub at one-north. It houses public research institutes and private research organisations.
Biopolis Phase 1 is developed by JTC Corporation (JTC) at a cost of S$500 million. Phase 1 of the Biopolis comprises a cluster of seven buildings with a built-up area of 185,000 square metres (2 million sq ft). Phase 1 is home to more than 2,000 scientists, researchers, technicians and administrators. The research community is supported by infrastructure and services catering to biomedical R&D activities.
Phase 2 of the Biopolis comprised two research buildings, with a built-up area of 37,000 square metres (400,000 sq ft).
Phase 3 of Biopolis broke ground in April 2008. The research facility extends basic research activities into translational and clinical research as well as medical technology research.
The Star is a 15-storey mixed use complex integrating a performing arts centre known as The Star Performing Arts Centre and a shopping mall known as The Star Vista. It is located near Buona Vista MRT station.
The Star Vista
The Star Vista (Chinese: 星悦汇) is a shopping mall occupying the bottom six floors of The Star, four of which are basement levels (1 floor of retail and 3 floors of car parks). The mall is developed by Capitaland Malls.
The Star Performing Arts Centre
The Star Performing Arts Centre (Chinese: 星宇表演艺术中心), also known as The Star PAC, is a 38,000-sq m perfoming arts center located in the top nine floors of The Star (levels 3 to 11). It was completed in Oct 2012 and officially opened on 1 November 2012, with an inaugural concert by David Foster. It is designed by Andrew Bromberg of Aedas Architects, and is owned by the business arm of New Creation Church, which makes this their main worship venue.
The Star PAC is a 5,142-seat performance venue. Aside from the main indoor concert hall, it also features a 770-seat function hall, an outdoor 300-seat amphitheatre, multipurpose rooms and a roof-top reception area.
|Notable concerts held at Star Theatre|
|November 1||David Foster||-|
|February 27||Norah Jones||Little Broken Hearts Tour|
|March 8||Adam Lambert||We Are Glamily Tour|
|March 12||Deep Purple||Now What? World Tour|
|May 31||B.A.P.||B.A.P Live On Earth 2014 Continent Tour|
|June 13||Ellie Goulding||The Halcyon Days Tour|
|June 21||Kyary Pamyu Pamyu||Nanda Collection World Tour|
|October 11||Khalil Fong（方大同）||Soulboy Lights Up 世界巡回演唱会2014新加坡站|
|March 14||Ed Sheeran||x Tour|
|May 2||Backstreet Boys||In a World Like This Tour|
|June 1||Pentatonix||On My Way Home Tour|
|July 24||Michael Learns To Rock||Michael Learns To Rock: 25 Live|
|November 6||Yiruma||Live in Singapore 2015|
|November 9||Richard Marx||-|
|December 1||Elton John||All the Hits Tour|
|December 8||Hillsong United||Empires Tour|
|March 3||5 Seconds of Summer||Sounds Live Feels Live World Tour|
|April 4||Il Divo||Amor & Pasión Tour|
|April 9||Karen Mok（莫文蔚）||Regardez World Tour 看看世界巡回演唱会|
|May 23||Little Mix||The Get Weird Tour|
|June 4||Damien Rice||-|
|July 23||Sandy Lam（林忆莲）||Pranava 造乐者世界巡回演唱会|
|July 29||Tegan and Sara||-|
|September 20||Macklemore & Ryan Lewis||This Unruly Mess That I've Made Tour|
|January 13||Passenger||Young As The Morning Old As The Sea Tour|
|January 16||Two Door Cinema Club||2016 - 2017 Tour|
|February 10||Journey||Eclipse Tour|
|February 18||Park Bo-gum||Asia Tour Fan Meeting In SIngapore 2017|
|February 21||James Taylor||2017 World Tour|
|February 25||Yiruma||Live in Singapore 2017|
|March 4||A-Lin（阿林）||「Sonar 声吶世界巡回演唱会」新加坡回声限定场|
|March 17||Bethel Music||Worship Night - Live in Asia|
|April 8||Fifth Harmony||The 7/27 Tour|
|April 22||Rimi Natsukawa||Best of Rimi Natsukawa Live in Singapore|
|April 29||Twice||Twice 1st Tour: Twiceland – The Opening|
|May 27||Eric Moo（巫启贤）||人生.旅途.爱2017 巫启贤演唱会|
My Music Journey 2017 Eric Moo in Singapore
|August 14||Bastille||The Wild Wild World Tour|
|October 27||Taeyang||White Night World Tour|
|November 23||Harry Styles||Live on Tour 2017|
|December 9||Shawn Mendes||Illuminate World Tour|
|June 12||Niall Horan||Flicker World Tour|
Occupying 30 hectares of land within one-north, Fusionopolis is envisioned to be an R&D hub for infocomm technology, media, physical sciences and engineering industries.
Fusionopolis Phase 1, developed by JTC Corporation, is the first work-live-play-learn development in one-north. Opened in October 2008, it houses public agencies such as A*STAR, MDA and SPRING as well as private companies to foster collaborations across industries, research institutes and businesses.
Fusionopolis Phase 2A will yield 103,600 square metres of business park and R&D space, when completed. Phase 2A houses dry and wet laboratories, clean rooms and vibration sensitive test-bedding facilities.
Fusionopolis Phase 2B is a 50,000-square metre development by a private developer which will provide business park and laboratory space to house agencies and companies that would form collaborations with those from Phases 1 and 2A.
Block 71 Ayer Rajah Crescent, a decades-old flatted factory within Ayer Rajah Industrial Estate, was repurposed in 2010 by the Media Development Authority to be part of one-north. Externally, as the oldest building in one-north, it lacks architectural consistency with the rest of the development. Internally, however, it is one of Singapore's high-tech hubs, with dozens of digital startups and VC funds sited directly across the street from Fusionopolis and the one-north MRT. In March 2014 the landlord announced that the concept would be expanded to Block 79 (previously the JVC building) and Block 73 (new modular temporary construction).
Launched in early 2006, Rochester Park, a part of one-north, is a heritage site located off North Buona Vista Road, featuring several double-storey black-and-white colonial bungalows, a symbol of Singapore's colonial past.
The estate has a long history with the 40 black-and-white bungalows built in the 1940s to accommodate the British military soldiers stationed at Pasir Panjang Military Complex and their families. After the British military pulled out of Singapore in late 1971, the bungalows were handed over to the Singapore government who rented them out mainly to non-Singaporeans.
To provide cultural and recreational facilities for the people in one-north in the present day, Rochester Park has been revitalised into a dining and lifestyle retail hub known as Rochester Mall. The old black-and-white colonial bungalows in Rochester Park have been preserved under the Urban Redevelopment Authority's conservation guidelines and are now leased to over 30 food and beverage and lifestyle retail tenants.
Rochester Park 11
Rochester Park 11 has 11 bungalows turned into a dining and lifestyle retail hub consisting of restaurants, galleries, and spas. Nine units are taken up by restaurants and bars and a holistic healthcare centre.
Rochester Park 20
Rochester Park 20 is still in the midst of development but has set aside 20 of the bungalows to become a serviced villa resort with retail facilities.
- NSTB, (1991) Science and Technology:Window of Opportunities – National Technology Plan 1991. Singapore: SNP Publishers.
- Tan, T K Y, (4 December 2001). Launch of Science Hub Archived 27 September 2007 at the Wayback Machine., speech presented at MITA Building, Singapore.
- Channel NewsAsia – European business school ESSEC opens new campus in Singapore 
- JTC Corporation, (2006). .
- "The Star Performing Arts Centre | Event Venue Singapore". The Star PAC. Retrieved 2018-07-29.
- "About the Mall | The Star Vista". www.capitaland.com. Retrieved 2018-07-29.
- Uy, Melody. "The Star Performing Arts Centre opens in Singapore". Asia Onscreen. Retrieved 7 November 2012.
- Kok, Melissa (3 November 2012). "Big Star among Friends". The Strait Times. Retrieved 3 November 2012.
- "Yiruma back to wow Singapore audience in November". MeRadio. Retrieved 2017-01-26.
- "Hillsong UNITED "EMPIRES" Tour". The Star Performing Arts Centre. Retrieved 2017-01-26.
- "Macklemore and Ryan Lewis Live in Singapore". The Star Performing Arts Centre. Retrieved 2017-01-26.
- "Buzzing: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis to play in Singapore". The Straits Times. 2016-06-01. Retrieved 2017-01-26.
- "Passenger Live In Singapore". The Star Performing Arts Centre. Retrieved 2017-01-26.
- "LIVE NEWS: TWO DOOR CINEMA CLUB – LIVE IN SINGAPORE". popwerofpop.com. Retrieved 2017-01-26.
- "JOURNEY LIVE IN SINGAPORE". One FM. Retrieved 2017-01-26.
- "Journey to return to Singapore in February 2017". Channel Newsasia. 2016-11-15. Retrieved 2017-01-26.
- Rheubottom, Robert (2016-10-20). "ames Taylor announces 2017 world tour dates". AXS. Retrieved 2017-01-26.
- "Yiruma Live in Singapore 2017". a-list.sg. Retrieved 2017-01-26.
- "A-Lin「Sonar 声吶世界巡回演唱会」新加坡回声限定场". The Star Performing Arts Centre. Retrieved 2017-01-26.
- "Bethel Music Worship Nights". The Star Performing Arts Centre. Retrieved 2017-01-26.
- "Fifth Harmony to perform in Singapore this April". The New Paper. 2017-01-17. Retrieved 2017-01-26.
- "Best of Rimi Natsukawa Live in Singapore". The Star Performing Arts Centre. Retrieved 2017-01-26.
- "Harry Styles announces world tour, reveals Singapore date". Bandwagon. April 28, 2017. Retrieved April 28, 2017.
- "Shawn Mendes' Illuminate World Tour concert coming to Singapore on 9 Dec". Yahoo Singapore. 2017-03-29. Retrieved 2017-04-29.
- Lim, A P, (1974). Changes in Land Use in the Former British Military Areas in Singapore. Unpublished academic exercise, Department of Geography, National University of Singapore.
- "Welcome To Rochester Mall". rochestermall.com.sg. Retrieved 2018-07-29.
- Soo, K L, (27 March 2006). Welcome Remarks, speech presented at Rochester open house, Singapore.
- Sim, A, (17 January 2007). Cultural-retail landmark to up cool quotient for one-north, The Business Times Singapore.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to one-north.|