Liberty Puerto Rico
|Predecessor||Cable TV of Greater San Juan
Adelphia Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico Cable Acquisition
Centennial Cable TV
Choice Cable TV
|Headquarters||San Juan, Puerto Rico|
|Services||Broadband, telephone, television|
Liberty Cablevision of Puerto Rico (d/b/a Liberty) is a telecommunications company that provides broadband Internet access, VoIP, and television services in Puerto Rico. During its existence as OneLink Communications, the company was owned by MidOcean Partners and Crestview Partners, which paid $250 million in June 2005 to buy the property from Adelphia. On June 25, 2012, it was rumored that Liberty Global might buy OneLink for $560 million USD. The rumors proved true, as Liberty Global acquired Onelink.
Liberty covers the entire island of Puerto Rico and its services includes video on demand, high-definition television, and digital video recorders. The company is headquartered in San Juan and has over 145,000 television subscribers and 88,000 data customers.
Liberty announced on December 27, 2012, that OneLink customers would no longer have a capped Internet; the previous limit was 40 GB per month, and it is now unlimited. Naji Khoury, executive director of Liberty Puerto Rico, said, "The use of the Internet has increased significantly in Puerto Rico and having access to it easy and rapidly has become a necessity in the daily life of Puerto Ricans."
On November 7, 2013, Liberty Puerto Rico announced that it would phase out the OneLink Communications brand, replacing it with Liberty.
Internet service upgrade history
- In March 2013, OneLink Communications began offering Internet speeds up to 10 Mbit/s download and 1 Mbit/s upload.
- In May 2013, OneLink Communications began offering Internet speeds up to 20 Mbit/s download and 2 Mbit/s upload.
- In June 2013, Onelink Communications began offering Internet speeds up to 40 Mbit/s download and 2 Mbit/s upload.
- Kantrow, Michelle. "Liberty mulling OneLink acquisition". News Is My Business. Retrieved 25 June 2012.
- "Liberty y OneLink formarán la compañía de cable más grande en PR". Noticias Liberty. Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- "Liberty elimina límite de Internet a clientes de OneLink". Noticel. Retrieved 27 December 2012.