|Slogan||A day's power in half an hour.|
|Model||A3000 (North America)|
A3003 (Worldwide, excluding China and North America)
|Compatible networks||2G, 3G, and 4G|
|First released||15 November 2016|
|Availability by region||Late 2016|
|Discontinued||May 9, 2017 (128 GB variant only)|
|Dimensions||152.7 mm (6.01 in) H|
74.7 mm (2.94 in) W
7.35 mm (0.29 in) D
|Operating system||OxygenOS (Global) HydrogenOS (Mainland China)|
|System on chip||Qualcomm Snapdragon 821|
|CPU||Kryo 2×2.35 GHz + 2×2.2 GHz|
|Memory||6 GB LPDDR4 RAM|
|Storage||64 or 128 GB UFS 2.0|
|Data inputs||Fingerprint sensor, accelerometor, gyroscope, proximity sensor, electronic compass|
|Display||5.5" 1920×1080 px resolution (401 ppi) optic AMOLED|
|Rear camera||16 MP Sony IMX298|
|Front camera||16 MP Samsung 3P8SP|
|Sound||Bottom-facing speaker, 3.5mm stereo audio jack|
|Connectivity||3G, 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, USB-C|
|Other||Vibration motor, RGB LED notification light|
|SAR||Head 0.995 W/kg (1g) |
Body 0.645 W/kg
|OnePlus phone models|
It is an incremental update to the company's flagship phone being released only 6 months later. It features the identical Optic AMOLED display, the same Sony IMX298 rear camera sensor, and the same Dash Charge technology as its predecessor.
The OnePlus 3T is also the first phone from OnePlus to be available for immediate delivery (in Europe and North America), without long waiting times from being out of stock.
The OnePlus 3T was released on 15 November 2016 via a Facebook live video. It went on sale in a new Gunmetal colour with the Soft Gold option being released soon after much like the OnePlus 3. The OnePlus 3T has 6 GB of RAM, the option of 64 or 128 GB of UFS 2.0 storage, and a Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor.
To celebrate the 20th anniversary of Colette, a French high fashion, streetwear, and accessory retailer, OnePlus and Colette partnered to produce 250 exclusive limited edition black versions of the phone featuring a Colette logo at the back of the phone. This exclusive edition of the phone went on sale in Paris at a Colette store on 21 March 2017.
The OnePlus 3T has the same metal back design, compared with the OnePlus 3, with anodised aluminium and curved edges. The device is available in two colors, a new Gunmetal (black/gray), which is slightly darker than the Graphite color used in the OnePlus 3 and Soft Gold (white/gold) which was released on 6 January 2017. A limited edition Midnight Black colored phone was available to purchase on 28 March 2017, it featured an all black backing similar to the Colette exclusive limited edition but without the logo.
The OnePlus 3T's darker aluminium backing is the only physical characteristic that allows it to be distinguished from the OnePlus 3. Users can also purchase the same protective covers in Bamboo, Rosewood, Black Apricot, Karbon and Sandstone, which takes care of the camera hump and evens it with the phone.
It features the same Optic AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection, in the same casing of the OnePlus 3. The OnePlus 3T now comes in options for 64 GB or 128 GB of UFS 2.0 storage. The phone also features the same alert slider which users can use to quickly toggle between alert modes from silent to priority to all notifications. It includes NFC and the same fast finger scanner which can unlock the device in approximately 0.3 seconds.
The OnePlus 3T contains the same rear-facing Sony IMX298 sensor with 16 MP, 1.1 μm, f/2.0, Optical image stabilization (OIS) and Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS), as the predecessor. The phone has an upgraded front-facing Samsung 3P8SP sensor with 16 MP, 1.0 µm, f/2.0 and EIS.
The phone once again has the same OnePlus quick charging capabilities named Dash Charge with the ability to gain 60% of the charge in 30 minutes. According to the company, this is accomplished by doing all the power transforming required for direct input to the battery in the power brick supplied, not within the phone itself, reducing heat on the device. Additionally, the power brick can contain larger, dedicated electronics, whereas any power processing on a phone has to use smaller and cooler equipment, reducing the speed of charging.
The phone comes with a faster Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor and a bigger 3400 mAh battery.
OnePlus released the first stable version of Android 7.0 Nougat on 31 December 2016, with the release of OxygenOS 4.0. The last version of 7.0 was released as OxygenOS version 4.0.3 on 9 February 2017.
OnePlus then released a first stable version of Android 7.1.1 Nougat on 16 March 2017, with the release of OxygenOS version 4.1.0. The last version of 7.1.1 as OxygenOS 4.1.x was released as version 4.1.7 on 22 August 2017.
A major stable update (still based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat) was released on 25 September 2017, as OxygenOS version 4.5.0. The last version of 7.1.1 was released as OxygenOS version 4.5.1 on 16 October 2017.
After owners of the phone expressed concern whether their phone would be abandoned after the release of the OnePlus 5, it was confirmed by Pete Lau, the CEO, that the phone, and its predecessor would eventually receive a software update to Android O. It was also announced that it would be the last major update.
On 19 November 2017, the first stable Android 8.0 Oreo update was released, as OxygenOS version 5.0.
The last version of 8.0 was released as OxygenOS 5.0.8 on 27 November 2018.
Stable Android 9.0 Pie for the 3T was released on 22 May 2019 as OxygenOS version 9.0.3 (OnePlus choosing to now synchronise their OS version numbering with Android).
The last version of 9.0 Pie was released on 20 November 2019, as OxygenOS 9.0.6. It was also confirmed this would be the last official update released for the 3T by OnePlus.
The OnePlus 3T has the following compatibility .
|Model||id||Carriers/Regions||GSM bands||CDMA bands||UMTS bands (3G)||TD-SCDMA (3G)||LTE bands||Notes|
|A3010||TENAA id:02-B182-163788||China||Quad||BC0||1, 2, 5, 8||34, 39||FDD 1, 3, 5, 7, 8
TDD 38, 39, 40, 41
|Factory OS is HydrogenOS, but can be changed to OxygenOS.|
|A3000||FCC id: 2ABZ2-A3000||North America||Quad||BC0||1, 2, 4, 5, 8||N/A||FDD 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 30||Factory OS is OxygenOS, but can be changed to HydrogenOS.|
|A3003||N/A||EMEA||Quad||N/A||1, 2, 5, 8||N/A||FDD 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20
TDD 38, 40
|Factory OS is OxygenOS, but can be changed to HydrogenOS.|
OnePlus 3T generally received a good reception. It was especially praised for its good performance and price to quality ratio. The OnePlus 3T was considered too similar to OnePlus 3 and the increase of the front camera's megapixels was thought to be ineffective in many reviews. Many critics felt the difference was so small that OnePlus 3 owners should not upgrade to OnePlus 3T.
XDA Developers discovered that with the launch of the Android 7.0 Nougat update, OnePlus introduced a software defeat device into the code of the OnePlus 3 and the OnePlus 3T, relaxing thermal throttling and increasing clock speeds when the phone detected that it was in a benchmark app, in order to boost benchmark scores. This came as a bit of a shock to much of the Android enthusiast community, because every major manufacturer had removed their benchmark cheating code following the massive backlash that occurred when it was originally discovered on other devices in 2013. OnePlus immediately stated that they would be removing the benchmark cheating from future software versions, and that they weren't sure how it made it into a production build. OnePlus later reversed this decision with the OnePlus 5, reintroducing the software that locked clock speeds to their maximum while in a benchmark.
- "OnePlus 3T". OnePlus. Retrieved 29 December 2016.
- "OnePlus 3T - Specs". OnePlus. Retrieved 29 December 2016.
- "OnePlus 3T". oneplus.net. Retrieved 12 December 2016.
- "OnePlus 3T available for immediate delivery, no more delays - Pocket-lint". www.pocket-lint.com. Retrieved 25 January 2017.
- "OnePlus 3T Release Date, Price, Specifications: The Rumours So Far". NDTV Gadgets360.com. Retrieved 12 December 2016.
- "OnePlus 3T colette edition is all-black, only 250 units will be made". GSMArena.com. Retrieved 30 March 2017.
- "You can now buy the OnePlus 3T in soft gold". Phone Arena. Retrieved 7 January 2017.
- "You'll be able to buy a Midnight Black OnePlus 3T tonight". GSMArena.com. Retrieved 30 March 2017.
- "OnePlus 3 vs OnePlus 3T: What's the difference?".
- "StyleSwaps Return as "Protective Cases" for the OnePlus 3 | Androidheadlines.com". AndroidHeadlines.com |. 14 June 2016. Retrieved 30 March 2017.
- "OnePlus 3T". oneplus.net. Retrieved 5 December 2016.
- Maggio, Edoardo (21 June 2016). "OnePlus 3 has a clearly faster fingerprint scanner than the iPhone 6s [Video]". 9to5Google. Retrieved 12 December 2016.
- "OnePlus 3T". www.oneplus.com. Retrieved 18 May 2020.
- "OxygenOS 3.5.4 (MM) OTA for OnePlus 3T". OnePlus Community. Retrieved 18 May 2020.
- "OxygenOS 4.0 (N) OTA for OnePlus 3T". OnePlus Community. Retrieved 18 May 2020.
- "OxygenOS 4.0.3 (N) OTA for OnePlus 3T". OnePlus Community. Retrieved 18 May 2020.
- "OxygenOS 4.1.0 (7.1.1) OTA for OnePlus 3T". OnePlus Community. Retrieved 18 May 2020.
- "OxygenOS 4.1.7 (7.1.1) OTA for the OnePlus 3 and 3T". OnePlus Community. Retrieved 18 May 2020.
- "OxygenOS 4.5.0 (7.1.1) OTA for the OnePlus 3 and 3T". OnePlus Community. Retrieved 18 May 2020.
- "OxygenOS 4.5.1(7.1.1) OTA for the OnePlus 3 and 3T". OnePlus Community. Retrieved 18 May 2020.
- "OnePlus 3, 3T will get Android O upgrade, confirms CEO Pete Lau". Retrieved 31 May 2017.
- "OnePlus Confirms Android O is Last Big Update for OnePlus 3/3T". xda-developers. 11 August 2017. Retrieved 12 August 2017.
- "OxygenOS 5.0, our first official Android O OTA update for the OnePlus 3 and 3T". OnePlus Community. Retrieved 18 May 2020.
- "OxygenOS 5.0.3 OTA for the OnePlus 3 & 3T". OnePlus Community. Retrieved 18 May 2020.
- "Android P is coming to the OnePlus 3 and 3T". OnePlus Community. Retrieved 18 May 2020.
- "OxygenOS 5.0.8(HotFix) OTA for the OnePlus 3 & 3T". OnePlus Community. Retrieved 18 May 2020.
- "OxygenOS 9.0.2 (9.0.3) based on Android PIE for OnePlus 3 & OnePlus 3T". OnePlus Community. Retrieved 18 May 2020.
- "OxygenOS 9.0.6 for OnePlus 3 & OnePlus 3T". OnePlus Community. Retrieved 18 May 2020.
- "许可证相关信息". www.tenaa.com.cn. Retrieved 5 December 2016.
- "Google Translate". translate.googleusercontent.com. Retrieved 19 August 2017.
- Kärkkäinen, Henrik (21 November 2016). "Testissä OnePlus 3T: Kiinnostavin puhelin juuri nyt". Retrieved 19 August 2017.
- Zimmerman, Steven (31 January 2017). "Benchmark Cheating Strikes Back: How OnePlus and Others Got Caught Red-Handed, and What They've Done About it". XDA Developers. Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- Zimmerman, Steven (6 September 2016). "Geekbench CEO Fireside Chat pt.2: OEMs Cheating on Benchmarks, Custom Cores, and Honest Manufacturers". XDA Developers. Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- Lal Shimpi, Anand; Klug, Brian (2 October 2013). "They're (Almost) All Dirty: The State of Cheating in Android Benchmarks". Anandtech. Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- Serrafero, Mario (20 June 2017). "Do NOT Trust OnePlus 5 Benchmarks in Reviews - How OnePlus Cheated". XDA Developers. Retrieved 25 June 2017.