|Slogan||Unlock The Speed|
|Compatible networks||2G, 3G and 4G|
|First released||6 November 2018|
OnePlus 7 Pro
|Dimensions||157.5 mm (6.20 in) H |
74.8 mm (2.94 in) W
8.2 mm (0.32 in) D
|Mass||6.2 ounces (177g)|
|Operating system||OxygenOS (based on Android Pie)|
|System on chip||Qualcomm Snapdragon 845|
|CPU||Octa-core (4×2.8 GHz + 4×1.8 GHz) Kryo|
|Memory||6, 8 or 10 (McLaren Edition) GB LPDDR4X RAM|
|Storage||128 or 256 GB UFS 2.1|
|Battery||3,700 mAh Li-Ion with Dash Charge technology|
|Display||6.41 in (163 mm) 1080p (2340 ×1080 pixels) Full-HD+ Optic AMOLED / DCI-P3 (401 ppi) with 19.5:9 aspect ratio|
|Rear camera||16 MP Sony Exmor IMX519 (f/1.7, OIS + EIS) + 20 MP Sony Exmor IMX376K (f/1.7), phase detection autofocus, dual-LED flash, Video 4K at 30 or 60fps, 1080p at 30, 60 or 240 fps, 720p at 30 or 480 fps|
|Front camera||16 MP Sony Exmor IMX371 (f/2.0, EIS, HDR), Video 1080p at 30 fps, 720p at 30 fps|
|Connectivity||3G, 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 5.0 with aptX, NFC, 2x2 MIMO WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou and Galileo, USB-C|
|This article is part of a series on|
The OnePlus 6T is an Android-based smartphone from OnePlus. It was announced on October 29, 2018, before being released on November 6. The launch was originally scheduled for October 30, but was rescheduled to avoid coinciding with Apple Inc.'s on October 30.
The OnePlus 6T is an incremental hardware update to the OnePlus 6, removing the 3.5 mm audio jack, making the notch at the top of the screen into a smaller "teardrop" size, and providing an in-display fingerprint sensor.
OnePlus also announced a McLaren edition of the phone similar to the Oppo Find X's Lamborghini edition and the Huawei Mate 20 Pro's Porsche Design model. The device features 10 GB of RAM and a unique color scheme OnePlus calls Speed Orange. Due to the extra RAM, the device is more expensive than the regular 6T; it is priced at $699 in the United States. This phone also debuted with a new 30W Warp Charge 30 unit that is significantly faster than the regular 20 W unit.
It has Gorilla Glass 6 on the front, and Gorilla Glass 5 on the back.
The OnePlus 6T comes with a 6.41-inch AMOLED FHD+ display, a Snapdragon 845 processor, and a 3700 mAh battery (larger than its predecessor). It has a 16-megapixel and a 20-megapixel camera on the back, and another 16-megapixel one in the front. This device comes with different variations of storage (128 GB, 256GB) and RAM.
For biometrics, the OnePlus 6T has an in-display fingerprint sensor, in addition to Face Unlock.
The OnePlus 6T supports 4G, LTE, Dual VoLTE, 3G, 2G and CDMA.
Like its predecessors, the OnePlus 6T was praised for its long battery life and performance from an efficient Android build, all while still remaining relatively affordable for a flagship device. Besides value, the 6T also offered new innovations that distinguished it from other phones; the in-display fingerprint scanner was generally praised as working well for a first-time implementation albeit with an inconsistent unlock speed, while "teardrop" accommodation for the front selfie camera at the top of the display was considered more aesthetic than the notch of other phones. Adding T-Mobile USA as a carrier and distribution partner in the United States would also improve sales and support compared to OnePlus's previous online-only sales model. American technology reviewer Marques Brownlee said in his Smartphone Awards video on December 18 that the OnePlus 6T is the best phone of 2018 for its affordable price and great features that are on expensive phones. The lack of a headphone jack was criticized, as well as the removal of the notification LED, while some reviewers also noted that there is still no IP67 or IP68 protection from water and dust.
OnePlus 6T has a score of 88 out of 100 on review aggregator website HandsetExpert based on 36 reviews.
- "Apple Events - Apple Special Events". Apple. Retrieved 2018-10-25.
- "The OnePlus 6T launch is being rescheduled to avoid colliding with Apple's event". The Verge. Retrieved 2018-10-20.
- "OnePlus 6T gets November 6th release date". The Verge. Retrieved 2018-10-09.
- "OnePlus 6T renders leaked; no 3.5mm headphone jack but Screen Lock confirmed on bigger screen". www.businesstoday.in. Retrieved 2018-10-03.
- "OnePlus 6T Won't Feature Wireless Charging or IP Rating, Says CEO". NDTV Gadgets360.com. Retrieved 2018-10-03.
- Spence, Ewan. "Controversial OnePlus 6T Feature Confirmed". Forbes. Retrieved 2018-10-03.
- "OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition review". GSMarena. Retrieved 2018-12-19.
- "OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition launching this week with 10 GB of RAM, Warp Charge 30, $699 price tag". phonedog. Retrieved 2018-12-19.
- "OnePlus 6T | OnePlus | Corning Gorilla Glass". www.corning.com.
- "OnePlus - OnePlus (United States)". www.oneplus.com. Retrieved 2018-10-29.
- Bureau, BW Online. "OnePlus Creates Guinness World Record Of Unboxing Most Number Of Phones Simultaneously With OnePlus 6T". BW Businessworld. Retrieved 2018-11-24.
- Van Camp, Jeffrey (2018-11-13). "REVIEW: ONEPLUS 6T. And, once again, the best somewhat affordable Android phone is..." wired.com. Retrieved 2018-11-14.
- Imel, David (2018-11-07). "OnePlus 6T review: Fundamentally great". androidauthority.com. Retrieved 2018-11-14.
- La, Lynn (2018-10-30). "OnePlus 6T review: A hero phone without the sky-high price". cnet.com. Retrieved 2018-11-14.
- Brownlee, Marques (2018-12-18). "Smartphone Awards 2018!". youtube.com. Retrieved 2018-12-21.
| OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7 & 7 Pro