This article feels like an advert, with only primary sources relies too much on references to primary sources. (May 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
OneTouch Ultra Blood Glucose Meters provide blood glucose test results in 5 seconds, offer alternative test site options, and various memory and flagging features. The results are displayed as plasma values.
OneTouch Meters are sold in kits containing a carry case, a lancing device, control solution, sample quantities of lancets, and a replacement cap for use with the sampling device when using alternative site testing.
The OneTouch Ultra 2 is similar in design and operation to the OneTouch Ultra Meter, but also offers Before and After Meal Flags, Comments, and a list style memory recall. This meter also provides 7-day, 14-day, and 30-day averages, with the option of averaging Before meal or After Meal records.
Other OneTouch Ultra Meters include the OneTouch UltraSmart and the OneTouch UltraMini Meter (known as the OneTouch UltraEasy in Europe). In addition to the original Silver Moon color, LifeScan introduced three additional colors of the OneTouch UltraMini Meter in summer 2007: Pink Glow, Limelight, and Jet Black.
OneTouch Meters with data ports can be used in combination with the downloadable OneTouch Diabetes Management Software and a PC to compute averages and trends, but an interface cable must be purchased. As of 2018 the software is no longer available from LifeScan's Web site.
Notable ad campaigns
- B.B. King had type 2 diabetes for 10+ years. He was in an ad campaign for OneTouch Ultra, describing how blue he feels from diabetes. There was also a commercial with him and Matthew Cooper, a young musician from Boulder, Colorado who has had Type 1 Diabetes since age one and also plays blues music. http://adland.tv/commercials/onetouch-me-and-bb-king-full-2005-030-usa The campaign promoted the use of alternative site testing. B.B. King also worked in collaboration with American Idol contestant, Crystal Bowersox (who also was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes) order to spread awareness about diabetes. King and Bowersox were also involved in the LifeFirst diabetes awareness campaign through One Touch Ultra.
- Patti Labelle has had diabetes for 12+ years. She was in an ad campaign for OneTouch Ultra2, describing how she collapsed on stage and discovered she had diabetes. Labelle re-recorded her 1980s hit "New Attitude" for one of the commercials.
- OneTouch has in the past been the main shirt sponsor of Inverness Caledonian Thistle, highlighting LifeScan's presence as a major employer in the city.
- "Crystal Bowersox: Striving to Live Without Limitations | Diabetes Health". Diabetes Health. 2013-01-17. Retrieved 2016-10-20.
- "Legendary blues man B.B. King dies at 89". PBS NewsHour. Retrieved 2016-10-20.