One Brickell City Centre
This article needs to be updated.February 2015)(
|One Brickell City Centre|
|Type||Conference, hotel, observation, office, parking garage, retail|
|Location||700 Brickell Avenue, Miami Florida, United States|
|Roof||1,040 ft (317 m)|
|Design and construction|
|Developer||Swire Properties |
One Brickell City Centre is a proposed 80 story, 1,049 ft (320 m) mixed-use skyscraper in the city of Miami, Florida. If built it would be the tallest building in the Southeastern United States, surpassing the Bank of America Plaza in Atlanta. It would also surpass the height of the not yet constructed One Bayfront Plaza, which is approved at 1,010 ft (308 m) tall. The plans currently include 67,000 square feet (6,225 m2) of retail, 677,000 square feet (62,895 m2) of Class A office space, 256 condominiums, and 120 hotel rooms. It is part of the mixed-use nine-acre Brickell City Centre development. The tower would also include a lounge on the 80th floor and a restaurant on the 79th floor. It would be on Brickell Avenue adjacent to SW Eighth Street, and connected to the modified Eighth Street Metromover station.
The construction of Brickell City Centre began in July 2012.
In 2013, it was reported that if built the project would not be completed until at least 2018 and will cost roughly $1 billion U.S.D. to build. The building was originally proposed at 1,102 feet (336 m), but was later reduced to 1,040 feet (320 m), and may be reduced further due to a Notice of Presumed Hazard letter from the FAA. The FAA has finally approved the 80-story height of One Brickell City Centre, which is now set to become one of the tallest buildings in the country.
In January 2015 the FAA announced that they would try to block the project unless they cut the height to 475 ft, though this was never finalized. June 24, 2015 federal officials determined a height of 1,040 feet above ground level, or 1,049 feet above sea level wouldn’t pose a hazard to air navigation, and the project would legally be allowed to continue.
When completed, the tower will become the tallest in the Southeastern U.S.
- Maingot, A. (2014). Miami: A Cultural History. Interlink Publishing Group, Incorporated. ISBN 978-1-62371-061-3. Retrieved February 14, 2015.
- miaminewtimes.com One Brickell City Centre: Tallest Building in the Southeast
- WPLG (February 14, 2015). "Brickell CityCentre: A city within a city". WPLG. Retrieved February 14, 2015.
- Brannigan, Martha (September 20, 2013). "Swire unveils new 80-story tower for 700 Brickell site". Miami Herald. Retrieved August 19, 2014.
- "FAA: One Brickell City Centre Will Interfere With MIA Flight Rules". exMiami. August 26, 2014. Retrieved August 29, 2013.
- Nehamas, Nicholas (June 24, 2015). "Feds OK height for 80-story One Brickell City Centre tower". Miami Herald. Retrieved June 30, 2015.
- "Bad News for Miami Developers: FAA Wants Shorter High-Rises". Daily Business Review. Retrieved 2015-11-01.
- ‘Climate ribbon’ will cool shoppers at Brickell City Centre. Miami Herald.
- Brickell City Centre tower nearly half sold. Miami Today.
- Saks Fifth Avenue will anchor Brickell City Centre. Miami Herald.
- One Brickell City Centre: Tallest Building in the Southeast. Miami New Times.
- Akerman LLP moving to Brickell City Centre. Miami Herald.
- Together, Swire, Whitmans developing retail side for Brickell CityCentre. Daily Business Review. (subscription required)
- Cinemex movie theater coming to Miami’s Brickell City Centre. Miami Herald.
- Swire launches sales of Rise condo at Brickell City Centre. Miami Herald.
- New Brickell project wants a low profile for cars. Miami Herald.
- 24hour Energy Forecast For Brickell Citicentre. Miami Today.
- Arquitectonica-designed tower planned at 700 Brickell. South Florida Business Journal.
- Swire releases new rendering for Brickell City Centre. South Florida Business Journal.