One Day: Justice Delivered
|One Day: Justice Delivered|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Ashok Nanda|
|Produced by||Ketan Patel|
Kamlesh Singh Kushwaha
|Written by||Alaukik Rahi|
|Edited by||Umashankar Mishra|
D Neev Films
Netrix Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.
Cinema Friday Int.
|Distributed by||T-Series (Music)|
|Box office||est. ₹4.68 Crore worldwide|
One Day: Justice Delivered is a 2019 Indian Hindi-language crime thriller film produced by Ketan Patel and Swati Singh, written by Alaukik Rahi and directed by Ashok Nanda. The film starring Anupam Kher, Esha Gupta, Kumud Mishra, and Anusmriti Sarkar follows investigation by a police officer (played by Gupta), into the vanishing of important persons in a state capital. The film's soundtrack was composed by Vikrant-Parijat, Joy-Anjaan and Rishi Singh. It was theatrically released in India on 5 July 2019.
Retired judge Tyagi Anupam Kher is living a post retirement life with his family in Ranchi. One day after the marriage of his daughter, two high profile doctors, Dr. Ajay Murli Sharma and Dr. Reena Deepshikha go missing. The investigating officer of this case inspector Sharma Kumud Mishra is unable to find any clue . While this case is not solved yet, another rich hotelier Pankaj Singh Rajesh Sharma also goes missing while he was returning from Kolkata. As Sharma is unable to solve the case and due to excessive pressure from the politicians and media ,these cases are handed over to crime branch officer Rathi Esha Gupta. Two more people become missing , dilabar who works for MP Rawat Zakir Hussain and one mechanic Afsal. After some case studies and investigation police find out that these persons are linked all together. Atzal planted a bomb in a vegetable market on the instructions of dilabar. The money was given by Pankaj Singh on the charity front. One eye witness Abdul was alive and minority party leader made an issue. As it was difficult to stop him Dr Ajay and Dr Reena who were treating Abdul were bribed so that they can kill Abdul in a such a way that it look natural. In Pankaj Singh hotel a honeymoon couple's MMS was leaked to humiliate his family as he was the son of that Muslim leader which ultimately cause the death of his daughter-in-law. MP Rawat was behind all of these. Rathi ordered to keep an eye on Rawat as he may now can go missing and as all of them were given bail by Justice Tyagi he too may be under threat so Rathi ordered for his security too. Next Rawat goes missing and it is revealed that Sharma was helping in kidnapping of all these people. Actual Mastermind was revealed to be Justice Tyagi. He says that he has to give them bail as no evidences were found against them but he knew all of them were wrong-doers. He also says that he didn't kill any one , he just wanted their confession. Rathi said that he knew that they were behind these from some clues. While Tyagi and Sharma were leaving, Rathi killed those including Rawat. The media said that dead bodies of these people were found while police said that investigation is still on.
- Anupam Kher as Retired Judge Tyagi
- Kumud Mishra as Insp. Sharma
- Esha Gupta as Crime branch officer Laxmi Rathi
- Anusmriti Sarkar - Shagufta
- Zakir Hussain - MP Rawat
- Rajesh Sharma - Pankaj Singh
- Murali Sharma - Dr. Ajay
- Deepshika Nagpal - Dr. Reena
- Nasirr Khan - lawyer Rai
- Zarina Wahab - Abdul's Mom
- Anant Mahadevan - Lawyer Joshi
- Rinku Bharti Goswami - Female cop
- Kashyap Barbhaya - Shamim
- Jayaka Yagnik - Pooja
- Saavi Chauhan - Sonia
- Alok Pandey - Afzal Mechanic
- Poonam Rane - Rekha
- Nilofar Gesawat - Mrs. Tyagi
- Manoj Mishra - Dilawar
- Irfan Razaa Khan - Inspector Vijay
- Jeeban Panda - Parvez
- Akram Ali Khan - Rahul
- Mohaq Kansara - Abdul
- Monika Ravan - Special Appearance
- Hema Sharma - Special Appearance
- Kavya Kiran - Special Appearance
- Raman Gupta - Guest Appearance
Marketing and release
The official teaser was released on 15 May, which was followed by a new poster of the film released on 20 May 2019 by T Series. The official trailer of the film was released the next day by T Series.
The film was theatrical released on 5 July 2019.
Devesh Sharma reviewing for Filmfare rates the film with 2.5/5 stars. He praised performance of Kher and felt that the chief flaw of the film was in the writing as characters were not shaped as per ambience of the film. He wrote, "Vigilante justice films have to have the right mix of mayhem and violence. Director Ashok Nanda hasn’t been able to offer the right balance and as a result, the film fails to make the kind of impact it was aiming for..." Shubhra Gupta of The Indian Express gave .5/5 star and felt the execution of film was 'ham-fisted' from opening to closing frame and audience were left reeling. She opined that Esha Gupta’s portrayal as a tough crime branch officer took away the 'credibility of the film' whatever it had. Archika Khurana of The Times of India gave the film 2.5/5 stars, praising the performance of Kher and Mishra, she felt that direction was 'sloppy and disjointed'. Khurana termed it as "half-hearted tale of justice" and wrote that "the film which started as a good vigilante thriller, soon reduced to an average affair."
|One Day: Justice Delivered|
|Soundtrack album by |
Joy - Anjan, Vikrant-Parijat and Rishi Singh
|Released||9 July 2019|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
The title track and "Tooh Hila Lo" are composed by Joy-Anjaan and the lyrics are by Alaukik Rahi.
|1.||"ONE DAY (Title Track)"||Alaukik Rahi||Joy- Anjan||Usha Uthup, Birina Pathak||3:14|
|2.||"Tooh Hila Lo"||Alaukik Rahi||Joy- Anjan||Divya Kumar, Farhad, Tia Bajpai||3:27|
|3.||"Nasha Mainu Chadh Gaya"||Alaukik Rahi||Rishi Singh||Nimisha, Rishi Singh||2:56|
|4.||"Khuda Maujood Hai"||Alaukik Rahi||Joy- Anjan||Farhad||2:32|
|5.||"Khuda Ka Noor"||Smita Kabra, Vinu Sagwan||Vikrant-Parijat||Sunidhi Chauhan, Vikrant||5:45|
- "New release date... #OneDay will now release on5th July 2019... Stars Anupam Kher, Esha Gupta, Kumud Mishra, Zarina Wahab, Zakir Hussain, Rajesh Sharma and Murli Sharma... Directed by Ashok Nanda". Twitter. Taran Adarsh. 24 June 2019.
- "ONE DAY: JUSTICE DELIVERED". British Board of Film Classification. Retrieved 5 July 2019.
- "One Day: Justice Delivered Box Office". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 9 July 2019.
- "One Day: Justice Delivered". Bollywood Hungama.
- "Anupam Kher's One Day: Justice Delivered' to release on June 14". Business Standard.
- "How Esha Gupta prepped up for One Day: Justice Delivered". Mid Day.
- "'One Day: Justice Delivered' to hit screens on June 28".
- "One Day: Justice Delivered". Box office India. 12 January 2019. Retrieved 24 May 2019.
- "One Day: Justice Delivered". Times of India. 2 May 2019.
- "Teaser: One Day - Justice Delivered | Anupam Kher | Esha Gupta | Kumud Mishra | 14th June 2019". YouTube. T-Series. 15 May 2019.
- "'One Day: Justice Delivered' new poster: Makers of the Anupam Kher starrer announce trailer release date in their latest poster". Times of India. 20 May 2019. Retrieved 20 May 2019.
- "Official Trailer : One Day | Anupam Kher | Esha Gupta | Kumud Mishra | 14th June 2019". YouTube. T-Series. 21 May 2019.
- Sharma, Devesh (4 July 2019). "Movie Review- One Day: Justice Delivered". Filmfare. Retrieved 4 July 2019.
- Gupta, Shubhra (6 July 2019). "One Day Justice Delivered movie review: Case dismissed". The Indian Express. Retrieved 6 July 2019.
- Khurana, Archika (4 July 2019). "One Day: Justice Delivered Movie Review". The Times of India. Retrieved 5 July 2019.
- "One Day: Justice Delivered - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack". Jio Saavn.