One Essex Court
|No. of offices||London and Singapore|
|Major practice areas||Commercial law|
|Key people||Lord Grabiner QC
(Head of Chambers)
Currently comprising 85 full-time members, 32 of whom are silks or Queen's Counsel. One Essex Court's members include well-known silks Lord Grabiner QC and Laurence Rabinowitz QC. Prior to her appointment to the Commercial Court, Elizabeth Gloster QC was a member.
One Essex Court is considered to be part of the Bar's Magic Circle. It is ranked in the top band for commercial litigation by both Chambers and Partners and Legal 500. It has a turnover of £46.5 million a year.
One Essex Court offers one of the highest pupillage awards at the Bar, £60,000.
- "One Essex Court - Chambers Report". Chambers Student - Spain Edition.
- "One Essex Court". oeclaw.co.uk.
- "Magic circle sets prepare to expand". The Lawyer. 24 January 2000.
- Chambers and Partners Commercial Dispute Resolution rankings
- Legal 500 Commercial litigation rankings
- Dowell, Katy (2011). "The Bar". The Lawyer. Retrieved 9 November 2011.
- "One Essex Court and 39 Essex Street prepare for Singapore launches". The Lawyer. 26 June 2012.
- "Rules - One Essex Court". oeclaw.co.uk.
- "Chambers overtake law firms in pay battle for junior talent". The Lawyer. 10 August 2009.
|This article relating to law in the United Kingdom, or its constituent jurisdictions, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|