One Island East
|One Island East|
|Location||18 Westlands Road, Hong Kong|
|Architectural||298 metres (978 ft)|
|Top floor||281.2 m (923 ft)|
|Floor count||69 (plus 2 level of basement)|
|Floor area||144,426 m2 (1,554,590 sq ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Wong & Ouyang|
|Main contractor||Gammon Construction|
|One Island East|
The skyscraper is a commercial office building, rising 298.35 m (979 ft) and has 69 storeys  plus two levels of basement. There is a sky lobby on the 37th and 38th floors. In addition, there are 28 high-speed passenger lifts, six high-speed shuttle lifts between Main (G - 1/F) and Sky (37 - 38/F) lobbies, one passenger lift between the main lobby and basement carpark and two service lifts.
One Island East was built under the first use of the Land (Compulsory Sale for Redevelopment) Ordinance (Cap 545), exercised by Swire in 2000. Part of the site was previously occupied by Melbourne Industrial Building (23-floor industrial building demolished 2005) and Aik San Factory Building (22-floor industrial building demolished 2005) which were acquired by the developer in 2002 and 2001 respectively. The main contractor was Gammon Construction.
Six Group has its international office on the 67th floor.
2008 Tropical Storm Kammuri
On 7 August 2008, within two hours of the hoisting of strong wind signal No.8 due to tropical storm Kammuri, some window panes of One Island East were shattered, sending shards of glass across the street and damaging the windows of four flats at Westlands Court. There were no injuries.
- "One Island East". Skyscrapers.cn. July 2006. Retrieved 28 June 2008.[permanent dead link]
- "One Island East Centre - The Skyscraper Centre". Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat.
- "One Island East". SkyscraperPage.com. Retrieved 14 August 2007.
- "One Island East". Archived from the original on 13 October 2007. Retrieved 19 September 2007.
- Hong Kong 2030 Plus: is it really planning or just guesswork?, SCMP, 14 Nov 2016
- "One Island East". Emporis.com. Retrieved 19 September 2007.
-  Milestone of Swire Properties - Year 2002, Swire Properties [flash]
- "One Island East". Skyscraper Center. Retrieved 15 December 2019.
- "Contact Us." Swire Properties. Retrieved on 12 September 2011. "Address 64/F, One Island East, 18 Westlands Road, Island East, Hong Kong".
- "Contact Us." Six Group. Retrieved on 12 September 2011. "Address 64/F, One Island East, 18 Westlands Road, Island East, Hong Kong".
- Wong, Adele (7 August 2008). "Dozens hurt as Kammuri sweeps in and out of city". The Standard. Retrieved 20 September 2008.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to One Island East.|