One Island East
|One Island East|
|Location||18 Westlands Road, Hong Kong|
|Architectural||298 metres (978 ft)|
|Top floor||281.2 m (923 ft)|
|Floor count||69 (plus 2 level of basement)|
|Floor area||144,426 m2 (1,554,590 sq ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Wong & Ouyang|
|Main contractor||Gammon Construction|
The skyscraper is a commercial office building that rises 298.35 m (979 ft) and has 69 storeys  plus 2 levels of basement. There is a sky lobby on the 37th and 38th floors. In addition, there are 28 high-speed passenger lifts, 6 high-speed shuttle lifts between Main (G - 1/F) and Sky (37 - 38/F) Lobbies, 1 passenger lift between main lobby and basement carpark and 2 service lifts.
Part of the site was previously occupied by Melbourne Industrial Building (23 floor industrial building demolished 2005) and Aik San Factory Building (22 floor industrial building demolished 2005) which were acquired by the developer in 2002 and 2001 respectively.
2008 Tropical storm Kammuri
On 7 August 2008, within two hours of the hoisting of strong wind signal No.8 due to tropical storm Kammuri, the window panes of One Island East were shattered, sending shards of glass across the street and damaging the windows of four flats at Westlands Court. There were no injuries there.
- "One Island East". Skyscrapers.cn. July 2006. Retrieved 2008-06-28.
- "One Island East Centre - The Skyscraper Centre". Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat.
- "One Island East". SkyscraperPage.com. Retrieved 2007-08-14.
- "One Island East". Archived from the original on 2007-10-13. Retrieved 2007-09-19.
- "One Island East". Emporis.com. Retrieved 2007-09-19.
-  Milestone of Swire Properties - Year 2002, Swire Properties [flash]
- "Contact Us." Swire Properties. Retrieved on 12 September 2011. "Address 64/F, One Island East, 18 Westlands Road, Island East, Hong Kong".
- Wong, Adele (2008-08-07). "Dozens hurt as Kammuri sweeps in and out of city". The Standard. Retrieved 2008-09-20.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to One Island East.|