One Metropolitan Square
1 Metropolitan Square|
St. Louis, Missouri
|Owner||601 West Associates, LLC.|
|Management||Jones Lang LaSalle|
|Roof||180.7 m (593 ft)|
|Floor area||88,559 m2 (953,240 sq ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Hellmuth, Obata & Kassabaum|
|Main contractor||McCarthy/Kwame Construction|
One Metropolitan Square, also known as Met Square, is an office skyscraper completed in 1989, located in downtown St. Louis, Missouri. At 180.7 m (593 ft), it is the tallest building in the city, and second tallest building in Missouri behind One Kansas City Place in Kansas City.
Major tenants include architecture firm Hellmuth, Obata and Kassabaum, which also designed the building, the Bryan Cave law firm, the Evans & Dixon law firm, the Brown & Crouppen law firm, The Driscoll Firm, P.C. and Kemoll's Restaurant. There is also a banquet facility on the 42nd floor called Top of the Met.
The building was constructed by McCarthy Building Companies, Inc., the largest general contractor in St. Louis. In early May, 2014, a DJI Phantom quadcopter drone crashed into the building.
- One Metropolitan Square at Emporis
- "One Metropolitan Square". SkyscraperPage.
- One Metropolitan Square at Structurae
- Moffitt, Kelly (8 May 2014). "Police investigating drone crash into Met Square building". St. Louis Business Journal.
- Calhoun, Michael (8 May 2014). "Drone Strikes Downtown St. Louis Building". KMOX.
- Jonsson, Patrik (8 May 2014). "Whose drone is it? St. Louis high-rise crash heralds age of private drones". The Christian Science Monitor.
- Murphy, Kevin (8 May 2014). "St. Louis police seek owner of drone that crashed into high-rise". Reuters.