One Perfect Day (2013 film)
|One Perfect Day|
|Revised Romanization||Sarangui Gawibawibo|
|Directed by||Kim Jee-woon|
|Produced by||Jeong Won-hui|
|Written by||Kim Jong-kwan
|Edited by||Lee Jin|
Greem Film Company
|Distributed by||Innocean Worldwide|
One Perfect Day (Hangul: 사랑의 가위바위보; RR: Sarangui Gawibawibo; lit. Rock, Paper, Scissors of Love) is a 2013 South Korean short film directed by Kim Jee-woon, his first in the romantic comedy genre.
The 35-minute short film first premiered on April 29, 2013 at a showcase in Times Square in Seoul's Yeongdeungpo District, and was then released online on April 30 on the website of outdoor clothing brand Kolon Sport, as well as portal sites Daum and YouTube. One Perfect Day was the second short film after Park Chan-wook's Day Trip to be commissioned and funded by Kolon Sport for its "Way to Nature Film Project," which marks the company's 40th anniversary.
A man named Un-cheol (Yoon Kye-sang) is looking for a girlfriend. He goes on a series of unsuccessful dates, culminating in a disastrous blind date with Yoo-jin (Park Soo-jin), and his awkward banter, stupid jokes, and complete insensitivity to her feelings, leads Yoo-jin to ditch him while they're playing the game Rock-paper-scissors. In a flashback to Un-cheol's childhood, his father had taught him Rock-paper-scissors and given him some life lessons. As Un-cheol morosely wanders the streets that night, he finds a missing dog, which he returns to its owner, Eun-hee (Park Shin-hye). She insists on giving him a monetary reward, but instead, he asks her to play Rock-paper-scissors with him—if he wins, she goes on a date with him, but if he loses or it's a draw, he walks away and never bothers her again.
- Yoon Kye-sang as Un-cheol
- Park Shin-hye as Eun-hee
- Park Soo-jin as Yoo-jin
- Ahn Nae-sang as Un-cheol's father
- Kim Beop-rae as Man in trench coat
- Kim Yeo-rin as Innocent girl in the workplace
- Lee Min-ah as Mrs. Kim
- Lee Seon-hee as Jogging woman
- Kim Yoo-joo as Drunk woman
- Baek Hyeon as Man who kisses in the workplace
- Jung Seung-ah as Octagon blind date
- Park So-yeon as Restaurant blind date
- Park Mi-so as Chicago blind date
- Lee, Eun-sun (11 April 2013). "Main Poster for ONE PERFECT DAY Unveiled". Korean Film Council. Retrieved 2013-05-20.
- Hong, Grace Danbi (10 April 2013). "Park Shin Hye and Yoon Kye Sang Reveal Poster for Rock, Paper, Scissors of Love". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 2013-05-20.
- Hong, Grace Danbi (15 March 2013). "Park Shin Hye and Yoon Kye Sang Cast in Romantic Comedy". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 2013-05-20.
- An, So-hyoun (29 March 2013). "Yoon Kye Sang and Park Shin Hye Look Awkward Yet Close Somehow in Poster Shoot". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 2013-05-20.
- An, So-hyoun (24 March 2013). "Director Kim Ji Woon, Yoon Kye Sang and Park Shin Hye Pose Together for Elle". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 2013-05-20.
- 서로 닮지 않은 세 사람이 모였다!. Elle Korea (in Korean). 12 April 2013. Retrieved 2013-05-20.
- Hea, Jung-min (1 May 2013). "Park Shin Hye and Yoon Kye Sang Play Rock, Paper, Scissors of Love". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 2013-05-20.
- Lee, Eun-sun (30 April 2013). "KIM Jee-woon's Short ONE FINE DAY Unveiled in China". Korean Film Council. Retrieved 2013-05-20.
- Lee, Eun-sun (15 March 2013). "KIM Jee-woon, to Direct Second Way to Nature Film Project". Korean Film Council. Retrieved 2013-05-20.
- Paquet, Darcy (14 May 2013). "Kim Jee-woon's One Perfect Day". Daum. Retrieved 2013-05-20.