One Piece: Grand Adventure
|One Piece Grand Adventure|
North American cover art
|Publisher(s)||Namco Bandai Games|
|Mode(s)||Single-player, multiplayer (2 players)|
|Distribution||1 × GameCube Optical Disc, DVD-ROM|
One Piece: Grand Adventure is a video game for the Sony PlayStation 2 and the Nintendo GameCube. Unlike other One Piece video games, this one was developed specifically for the U.S. The gameplay is exactly like the U.S. One Piece: Grand Battle!. Based on the popular anime and manga series One Piece, Grand Adventure contains more characters, levels, and features, some of which were cut out of the U.S. One Piece: Grand Battle!. The game was also released in Korea, Australia, Spain, and the U.K.
The main mode of Grand Adventure is Adventure Mode, in which the player must win all 10 levels to complete. The player uses the Going Merry to sail the Grand Line and visit various islands. On these islands, the player will engage in combat against other characters. The players defeated may join your character's crew, or play in various mini-games. In the fights, characters gain experience points and can level up, where the player can level up certain stats of the character (HP, attack, defense, etc.).
- Custom Battle
- Fight a battle with special rules, such as the ones in Adventure Mode.
- Rumble Battle
- A fight against support characters. The marines, normal pirates and Kung Fu Dugongs attack in groups. (Support characters such as: Yassop, Lucky Roux, etc. will appear and attack [the number of support characters that appear depends on difficulty setting])
- Box Crusher
- Destroy 300 boxes before time is up.
- Snake Battle
- Defeat Nola. Eneru's Priests will try to defend Nola.
- Boat Battle
- Stop pirates from attacking your team's boat so they can beat the Usopp Pirates.
- Snow Shovel
- Clean up the roof of drum castle.
- Battle Bowl
- Get points by throwing Gaimon or your opponent into the hoop
- Spotbilled Duck Race
- Race against your opponent by riding Karoo.
There are a total of 24 playable characters. There is a total of 51 support characters which the player can choose in addition to their playable character. While the support characters are not controllable, they are able to help the player when called out. There are six types of support characters: Dash, Jump, Ride, Recovery, Gun, and Area. Each type of support character has its own advantages and disadvantages in battle.
Each character is assigned support characters. Every character has at least one, but none of them have more than three. In some game modes, the support characters the player can choose from are limited to the ones assigned to that specific character. In most modes, all unlocked support characters are available. There are some exceptions where a support character can never be used by any character other than the one it was assigned to. In some cases, a support character does not even have a character that it is assigned to.
Below is a list of the playable and support characters. Please note that the characters are referred to by the spelling in the game, not the manga or anime.
|Monkey D. Luffy||Kung Fu Jugon||Wyper|
|Nami (the Navigator)||Genzo||Waver|
|Buggy the Clown||Mohji and Ritchie (the Lion)||Cabaji|
|Captain Kuro||(D)Jango (the Hypnotist)||Siam||Butchie|
|Red-Haired Shanks||Ben Beckman||Lucky Roux||Yasopp|
|Hawk-Eye Mihawk||Greatest Impact1|
|Nico Robin||Mr. 3||Ms. Goldenweek/April Fools' Day||Flower-Flower/Hana-Hana Fruit Powers2|
|Tony Tony Chopper||Dr. Kureha||Ganfall|
|Mr. 2 Bon Clay||Mr. 4||Ms. Merry Christmas/Groundhog's Day||Lassoo|
|Mr. 0 Crocodile||Mr. 1||Ms. Double Finger/New Year's Eve|
|Tashigi||Marine/Navy A||Marine/Navy B|
|Portgas D. Ace/Trace||Ace's/Trace's Boat3|
|Eneru||Thunderbolt Dragon (Jamboule)4|
|Pirate A5||Pirate B5|
- ^ Greatest Impact is a support character available only for Hawk-Eye Mihawk.
- ^ Flower-Flower/Hana-Hana Fruit Powers is a support available only for Nico Robin.
- ^ Ace's/Trace's Boat is a support available only for Portgas D. Ace/Trace.
- ^ Thunderbolt Dragon (Jamboule) is a support available only for Eneru.
- ^ Pirate A and Pirate B are not support characters for any characters but can be found in Usopp's story mode.