One Piece: The Cursed Holy Sword
|One Piece: The Cursed Holy Sword|
Japanese film poster
|Japanese||ONE PIECE 呪われた聖剣|
|Hepburn||Wan Pīsu Norowareta Seiken|
|Directed by||Kazuhisa Takenouchi|
|Written by||Yoshiyuki Suga|
|Music by||Kōhei Tanaka|
|Distributed by||Toei Company|
One Piece: Norowareta Seiken (Japanese: ONE PIECE 呪われた聖剣 Hepburn: Wan Pīsu Norowareta Seiken, lit. One Piece: The Cursed Holy Sword) is a 2004 Japanese animated film directed by Kazuhisa Takenouchi and written by Yoshiyuki Suga. It is the fifth animated film in the One Piece series which mostly focuses on Roronoa Zoro.
Zoro is lured away from the crew by henchmen of his childhood friend Saga. In search of Zoro, the Straw Hats encounter the young priestess Maya. Luffy and Usopp get lost and meet Saga, while Saga's men attack Maya's village. Zoro, alongside them, takes three purple orbs from Maya, which none of Saga's men can touch. Luffy fights Saga, but during the encounter falls off a high cliff, causing Usopp to jump after him. Zoro returns to Saga with the orbs and disposes of them in a well. Luffy and Usopp find an underground tunnel system and explore it. There they stumble upon the orbs and take them along. While in the village the remaining Straw Hats hear about the evil Seven-Star Sword, that has taken control of Saga, and the stolen orbs needed to seal the sword's power, when Luffy and Usopp emerge from the ground in front of them. After hearing the story, the Straw Hats decide to help. Zoro learns that Saga is controlled by the Seven-Star Sword and that Saga plans to make him the sword's first sacrifice. They start a fight during which Zoro attempts to destroy the cursed blade. Using the orbs, Maya performs a ritual to keep the sword's power from fully awakening. Saga defeats Zoro, but before he can kill him, the ritual catches his attention and he hurries to interrupt it. After that, with the sword's power unfolding, Saga fights Luffy a second time. During their fight, the sword crumbles and its power is transferred into Saga's body. Zoro appears, takes over for Luffy, and defeats his old friend. After the cursed power leaves Saga's body and his mind is freed from the evil influence, the Straw Hats set sail for their next adventure.
- Kazuya Nakai as Roronoa Zoro
- Mayumi Tanaka as Monkey D. Luffy
- Akemi Okamura as Nami
- Kappei Yamaguchi as Usopp
- Hiroaki Hirata as Sanji
- Ikue Ohtani as Tony Tony Chopper
- Yuriko Yamaguchi as Nico Robin
- Ryouka Yuzuki as Maya
- Shidou Nakamura as Saga
- Masami Hisamoto as Izaya
- Hiroki Uchi as Toma
- Seiji Sasaki as Bismark
- Takeshi Aono as Boo Kong
Shueisha created a film comic adaptation of the film, titled Gekijōban One Piece: Norowareta Seiken (劇場版One Piece ―呪われた聖剣―?, meaning One Piece The Movie: The Cursed Holy Sword[n 1]) and released it in two volumes on July 2, 2004 (ISBN 4-08-873707-5 and ISBN 4-08-873708-3).
- First volume chapter list
- "Asuka-tō" (アスカ島?, lit. "Asuka Island")
- "Uragiri no Zoro!?" (裏切りのゾロ!??, lit. "Zoro's Disappearance!?")
- "Yōtō: Shichi Seiken" (妖刀・七星剣?, lit. "Cursed Sword: The Seven Stars Blade")
- "Densetsu" (伝説?, lit. "Legend")
- Second volume chapter list
- "Sakusen Kaishi!" (作戦開始!?, lit. "The Plan Begins!")
- "Gishiki" (儀式?, lit. "Ritual")
- "Chikara no Kaihō" (力の解放?, lit. "Liberation of the Power")
- "Kenshi" (剣士?, lit. "Swordsman")
- This translation is given in the background of the volumes' table of contents.
- "劇場版One Piece/―呪われた聖剣― (上)" (in Japanese). Shueisha. Archived from the original on March 28, 2009. Retrieved March 28, 2009.
- "劇場版One Piece/―呪われた聖剣― (下)" (in Japanese). Shueisha. Archived from the original on March 28, 2009. Retrieved March 28, 2009.