One Piece: Stampede
|One Piece: Stampede|
|Directed by||Takashi Otsuka|
|Screenplay by||Atsuhiro Tomioka|
|Story by||Eiichiro Oda|
|Based on||One Piece|
by Eiichiro Oda
|Edited by||Masahiro Gotō|
|Music by||Kohei Tanaka|
|Distributed by||Toei Company|
One Piece: Stampede is a 2019 Japanese animated fantasy action adventure film directed by Takashi Otsuka and produced by Toei Animation. It is the fourteenth feature film of the One Piece film series, based on the manga of the same name written and illustrated by Eiichiro Oda, and commemorates the anime's 20th anniversary. Oda was involved with the film as creative supervisor. It had its world premiere at the Osaka Station City Cinema in Osaka on August 1, 2019, and later released in Japan on August 9, 2019.
The Straw Hat Pirates come to Delta Island for the Pirate Fest, a large pirate gathering organized by Buena Festa. Festa sends the pirates to a floating island to hunt for a treasure that belonged to the Pirate King, Gol D. Roger. The Straw Hats and many other pirate crews, including those from the Worst Generation as well as other past allies and enemies, set sail on a Knock Up Stream and battle each other as they race toward the treasure. However, this event is secretly set up as part of a plan between Festa and legendary pirate Douglas Bullet, who had been in the great prison Impel Down for two decades until being freed two years ago. Trafalgar Law discovers this and is attacked, but escapes onto the Thousand Sunny and warns the Straw Hats. Robin, Sanji, Chopper and Brook go with him to investigate, followed by the undercover Smoker. After sneaking into Festa's hideout, they discover that he has conspired with the Marines to send a Buster Call on Delta Island, which would destroy it and everyone on it.
As the treasure is found, a ship arrives and destroys the floating island. The pirates fall into the bay below, where Bullet takes the treasure and challenges the members of the Worst Generation to a fight. Luffy and the other Worst Generation members are quickly overwhelmed by his strength and Clank-Clank Fruit powers. He attempts to kill Luffy, but Usopp distracts him, causing Bullet to attack him instead. Meanwhile, the other pirates attempt to flee from Delta Island, but find the Marine Buster Call fleet headed toward them.
As the pirates fight the Marines, Law's group encounters Smoker in Festa's lair, and Sanji battles him while Law and Robin escape. Sanji reveals to Smoker that Festa arranged for a Buster Call to arrive; Smoker was unaware and realizes that the Marines were set up. Meanwhile, Law and Robin run into the former Warlord Crocodile, who wants to involve Law in a plan. Bullet confronts the Buster Call fleet and reveals his awakened Devil Fruit powers, destroying the fleet and the town around him and forming it into a gigantic colossus, with which he overwhelms the pirates and Marines. Festa reveals that the treasure in Bullet's possession is an Eternal Pose that can guide ships to Laugh Tale, the location of the most famous treasure One Piece. Bullet's dream is to become Pirate King by defeating the world's strongest people, and Festa intends to use his warpath and treasure to start a new era. After hearing of Bullet's actions, Marine Fleet Admiral Sakazuki orders a second Buster Call to attack the island.
Sanji, Robin, Chopper, and Brook meet up, and the former two attempt to find a way to escape the island while the latter two look for Luffy. Chopper and Brook find Luffy and Usopp half dead, and Chopper treats them. After regaining consciousness, Luffy sets off to attack Bullet, but is overwhelmed. The Warlord Boa Hancock attempts to find Luffy, and she does so while running into Buggy, Smoker, Law, and Sabo in the process. Law shares his plan to defeat Bullet by tearing apart his colossus, and Crocodile as well as a lurking Rob Lucci join them. Their combined attacks destroy one of its arms, and Luffy destroys the other one with Gear Fourth. Shots fired by Usopp then destroy the rest of the colossus. Luffy and Bullet engage in a fistfight, and Luffy defeats him.
Crocodile and Lucci attempt to obtain the Eternal Pose, but Luffy destroys it, claiming he will find the One Piece with his crew without help. Festa mourns the failure of his plans, and is defeated and captured by Sabo. Luffy reunites with his crew and they attempt to escape along with the other pirates, but are confronted by the second Buster Call fleet. However, Smoker contacts his superiors to say there is no longer a need for the Buster Call, and Sabo helps the pirates pass through the fleet safely with his abilities.
In a post-credit scene, it is revealed that Roger disapproved of the Eternal Pose and threw it away, believing that the One Piece could not be obtained by someone who would rely on it. In the present, Luffy's crew is shocked that he destroyed the Eternal Pose, except for Usopp. Luffy claims that if that they had taken it, they would have missed out on many great adventures.
- Douglas Bullet
- Voiced by: Tsutomu Isobe (Japanese); Daman Mills (English)
- A former member of Gol. D Roger's pirate crew who escaped Impel Down.
- Buena Festa
- Voiced by: Yūsuke Santamaria (Japanese); Mick Wingert (English)
- Known as "Master of Festivities", a promoter for the Pirate's World Fair who invites the Straw Hat Crew.
- Voiced by: Rino Sashihara (Japanese); Macy Anne Johnson (English)
- Previously voiced by Saori Hayami in a Tokyo One Piece Tower live show in which she was a singer with the ability to create illusions.
- Donald Moderate
- Fischer's pirate group
- Voiced by: Ron Monroe
The film was first announced following the broadcast of a One Piece Television special, Episode of Skypiea on August 25, 2018 and the title was announced alongside a teaser trailer on December 11, 2018. In December 2018, at Jump Festa 2019, Shueisha released several of Eiichiro Oda's new costume and character designs for the film. On February 20, 2019, a second trailer was released announcing Oda as the film's creative supervisor and featuring his characters designs for Bullet and Festa, movie original characters.
Music and soundtrack
The official music video of the main theme song by Wanima.
The film score is composed by Kohei Tanaka. The original soundtrack, containing more than 40 tracks, is scheduled for release on October 30, 2019, by Avex Trax. On June 14, 2019, it was announced that WANIMA would perform the film's theme song "GONG", which was released on July 17, 2019.
As a promotion, it was announced that the first 3 million moviegoers will receive the One Piece Comic -Kan-Banpaku manga. A two part prequel story aired as episodes 895 and 896 of the anime series in the two weeks leading up to the film's release. Collaborated with Uniqlo to release T-shirts based on films's designs. On August 3, 2019, Puma announced collaboration with One Piece, released shoes based on One Piece: Stampede on same day of the film release.
On August 26, 2019, it was announced that from August 30, 2019, five hundred thousand moviegoers will receive an exclusive DVD with voice acting bloopers from the movie and behind the Scenes.
The merchandise sales of the film have earned ¥5.5 billion in Japan.
In Asia, the film was released in Taiwan on August 21, 2019, and Neofilms released the film in Hong Kong on August 22, 2019. ODEX acquired the license to screen the film in Southeast Asia that is Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei, Indonesia and Philippines. It released the film in Singapore on September 5, 2019. Dream Express and Five Stars Agency had special previews of the film in select theaters in Thailand during September 2 to 8, 2019 and JAM released the film in Thailand nationwide on September 19, 2019. With ODEX, CBI Pictures released the film in Indonesia on September 18, 2019, GSC Movies released the film in Malaysia on September 19, 2019, The Mall Cineplex released the film in Brunei on September 19, 2019, SM Cinema released the film in Philippines on September 20, 2019. The film released in China on October 18, 2019.
In Europe, CGR Events premiered the film in France, Belgium and Luxembourg on September 12, 2019 and released in theaters on October 9, 2019 in France. Kazé screened the film in Germany and Austria on September 24, 2019 as part of the Kazé anime nights. On October 13, 2019, Stampede was screened during Scotland Loves Anime as a "mystery film", with an additional screening after its identity was announced. Koch Media released the film in Italy on October 24, 2019. Selecta Visión released the film in Spain on November 15, 2019. NOS Audiovisuais released the film in Portugal on November 28, 2019. Manga Entertainment released the film in select cinemas with both Subs and Dubs in United Kingdom on February 2, 2020 .
In Australia, Madman Entertainment premiered the film in Australia on September 15, 2019, during the Madman Anime Festival with English-subtitled and Australian wide release is on November 14, 2019.
In North America, Funimation Films released the film in select theaters in United States on October 24, 29 and 31, 2019 (Sub), October 26 and 30, 2019 (Dub) and in Canada on October 25 and November 5, 2019 (Sub), October 28 and November 8, 2019 (Dub).
In Middle East, the film was released on November 14, 2019. VOX Cinemas released the film in United Arab Emirates, Cinescape released the film in Kuwait and also the film released in Oman, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Bahrain on November 14, 2019.
The film saw the largest first day attendance in Japan in 2019. It opened at number one in the Japanese box office, earning ¥1,646,321,500 (about US$15.64 million) from 1,254,372 ticket sales in its first four days. The film sold 2.31 million tickets in nine days, earning ¥3.05 billion (about US$28.7 million), making it the fastest Toei-distributed film to reach ¥3 billion milestone since 2000. As of August 25, 2019, the movie has earned ¥4,133,257,100 (about US$39 million) from 3,117,929 ticket sales in seventeen days. As of September 8, 2019, the film has earned over ¥5 billion (about US$47 million) and has sold more than 3.7 million tickets. The US box office grossed $1,298,528 as of June 12, 2020.
The film has grossed ¥5.55 billion ($50.91 million) in Japan as of December 2019[update], and $30.7 million in China as of 3 November 2019[update]. As of November 13, 2019, the film earned ¥10 billion (US$93 million) worldwide.
A novelization of the film by Tatsuya Hamazaki was released on August 9, 2019.
- "「ONE PIECE ワンピース」DVD公式サイト". Log Collection (in Japanese). Retrieved 2019-07-28.
- "EYCA-12666~7 | ONE PIECE STAMPEDE ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK - VGMdb". vgmdb.net. Archived from the original on 2019-07-28. Retrieved 2019-07-28.
- "2019年興収1位は『天気の子』140億円超え - 邦画興収年間ベストテン". シネマトゥデイ (in Japanese). Retrieved 2020-01-08.
- "『ONEPIECE』完結まで「あと5年」カウントダウンはじまる 編集担当を直撃". ORICON NEWS. 2019-11-14. Retrieved 2019-11-14.
- Harding, Daryl. "One Piece: Stampede Anime Film Celebrates 10 Billion Yen in Worldwide Box Office Takings". Crunchyroll. Retrieved 2020-03-15.
- "One Piece: Stampede". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2020-01-14.
- Michael Hein. "'One Piece' Announces New Movie to Celebrate 20th Anniversary". comicbook.com. Archived from the original on 4 October 2018. Retrieved 4 October 2018.
- ONE PIECE公式YouTubeチャンネル (2019-02-20), "ONE PIECE STAMPEDE" | Official Teaser Trailer 2, archived from the original on 2019-03-06, retrieved 2019-02-25
- 大塚隆史 (2019-08-01). "ワンピーススタンピード、大阪での世界最速上映も無事終了！ 8月9日の公開をお楽しみに！ 大阪ステーションシティシネマの皆さん、歓迎ありがとうございました！pic.twitter.com/mG6k1oqi1L". @takaswy1981 (in Japanese). Retrieved 2019-08-01.
- スタンピード』【公式】, 劇場版『ワンピース (2019-08-01). "#ワンピーススタンピード世界最速上映 とうとう！！まもなく！！始まります！ #ワンピーススタンピード最速ここだけ上映 #ONEPIECESTAMPEDE #ワンピーススタンピードpic.twitter.com/XnikrWPduG". @OP_STAMPEDE (in Japanese). Retrieved 2019-08-01.
- "『ONE PIECE STAMPEDE』最速レビュー：20周年を祝う怒涛のお祭り！". シネマトゥデイ. Archived from the original on 2019-08-01. Retrieved 2019-08-01.
- ""ONE PIECE STAMPEDE", the latest theatrical film in the One Piece franchise, will be released in Japan on Friday, August 9, 2019!｜PRESS RELEASE｜TOEI ANIMATION". corp.toei-anim.co.jp. Archived from the original on February 4, 2019. Retrieved 2019-02-04.
- "ONE PIECE STAMPEDE". eiga.com. Archived from the original on 15 December 2018. Retrieved 25 January 2019.
- ""ONE PIECE" Theatrical version decorating the 20th anniversary of the animation is released in August, the title is "STAMPEDE"". natalie.mu. Archived from the original on 16 December 2018. Retrieved 25 January 2019.
- "One Piece Stampede Anime Film Opens in Thailand in September". Anime News Network. Archived from the original on 2019-04-07. Retrieved 2019-04-07.
- Pineda, Rafael Antonio (10 April 2019). "One Piece Stampede Film's Teaser Reveals 38 Characters' Appearance". Anime News Network. Archived from the original on 12 April 2019. Retrieved 12 May 2019.
- Sherman, Jennifer (25 March 2019). "One Piece Stampede Anime Film Casts Yusuke Santamaria, Rino Sashihara, Ryōta Yamasato". Anime News Network. Archived from the original on 5 June 2019. Retrieved 12 May 2019.
- 尾田栄一郎. "劇場版『ONE PIECE STAMPEDE』追加キャストに竹中直人、フィッシャーズ、ロン・モンロウ決定！登場キャラクターも追加発表！ | ニュース". ONE PIECE.com (in Japanese). Retrieved 2021-05-08.
- 尾田栄一郎. "劇場版『ONE PIECE STAMPEDE』追加キャストに竹中直人、フィッシャーズ、ロン・モンロウ決定！登場キャラクターも追加発表！ | ニュース". ONE PIECE.com (in Japanese). Retrieved 2021-05-08.
- Films, Funimation. "One Piece: Stampede | Funimation Films". www.funimationfilms.com. Archived from the original on 2019-09-27. Retrieved 2019-09-27.
- "One Piece Gets New Anime Film in Summer 2019 to Celebrate Anime's 20th Anniversary". Anime News Network. Archived from the original on May 25, 2019. Retrieved August 11, 2019.
- "【特報】2019年8月9日公開！劇場版『ONE PIECE STAMPEDE（スタンピード）』". Archived from the original on April 8, 2019. Retrieved August 11, 2019 – via www.youtube.com.
- "New One Piece Stampede Anime Film Opens in August 2019". Anime News Network. Archived from the original on July 14, 2019. Retrieved August 11, 2019.
- NICK VALDEZ. "'One Piece Stampede' Reveals High-Quality Character Designs". Comicbook.com. Archived from the original on 2 January 2019. Retrieved 29 January 2019.
- Ressler, Karen (20 February 2019). "One Piece Stampede Film's 2nd Teaser Reveals 2 New Characters". Anime News Network. Archived from the original on 19 May 2019. Retrieved 10 July 2019.
- 大塚隆史 (2019-07-31). "完成。". @takaswy1981 (in Japanese). Archived from the original on 2019-09-28. Retrieved 2019-07-31.
- "One Piece: Stampede Clears Final Cut Ahead of Premiere". Anime. Archived from the original on 2019-08-04. Retrieved 2019-08-04.
- "One Piece: Stampede Reveals Theme Song Details". Anime. Archived from the original on 2019-07-31. Retrieved 2019-07-31.
- "One Piece Stampede Film Sees Biggest 1st-Day Attendance in Japan So Far in 2019". Anime News Network. Archived from the original on 2019-08-10. Retrieved 2019-08-10.
- Komatsu, Mikikazu. "ONE PIECE TV Anime to Air Prequel Episodes to ONE PIECE STAMPEDE Film on July 28 & August 4". Crunchyroll. Archived from the original on 2019-08-04. Retrieved 2019-08-04.
- "Uniqlo Launching New One Piece UT Collection, Helping Design Costume for Upcoming One Piece: Stampede Film". Anime News Network. Archived from the original on 2019-08-05. Retrieved 2019-08-06.
- "Uniqlo Reveals Special One Piece: Stampede Shirts". Anime. Archived from the original on 2019-08-01. Retrieved 2019-08-01.
- PUMA (2019-08-02). "2019.8.9 COMING SOON #PUMA #ONEPIECEpic.twitter.com/KLBFI0aK8L". @PUMA_JPN. Retrieved 2019-08-03.
- "ONE PIECE：劇場版の入場者特典に声優陣の"門外不出"NG集 8月30日配布開始". MANTANWEB（まんたんウェブ） (in Japanese). Retrieved 2019-08-26.
- "「ワンピース スタンピード」門外不出の"声優陣のNG集"が世に出る!? 第3弾入場者特典". アニメ！アニメ！ (in Japanese). Retrieved 2019-08-26.
- スタンピード』【公式】, 劇場版『ワンピース (2019-08-25). "第3弾入場者特典が8月30日(金)より配布決定！ アニメ放送20周年だから実現できたお宝映像が特典に！ "豪華声優陣のアフレコＮＧ集""予告篇ができるまで"を収録 ≪劇場版『ONE PIECE STAMPEDE』門外不出NG集+α DVD≫ 全国合計50万名様限定！https://lineblog.me/onepiece_movie/archives/1907595.html …". @OP_STAMPEDE (in Japanese). Retrieved 2019-08-26. External link in
- Komatsu, Mikikazu. "ONE PIECE STAMPEDE Surpasses GOLD's First Four-Day Gross Record". Crunchyroll. Retrieved 2019-08-13.
- 【航海王：奪寶爭霸戰】終極預告 航海王動畫20周年紀念最新電影 8.21(三) 全台戲院見, retrieved 2019-08-26
- "One Piece Stampede Anime Film Opens in Hong Kong in August". Anime News Network. Retrieved 2019-08-26.
- hkmovie6. "ONE PIECE STAMPEDE ONE PIECE STAMPEDE-上映場次-影評及戲院售票". Hong Kong Movie-香港電影. Retrieved 2019-08-26.
- "Odex Opens One Piece Stampede Anime Film in Southeast Asia". Anime News Network. Retrieved 2019-09-20.
- "Movie Details and Reviews - Movie Details and Reviews". www.gv.com.sg. Retrieved 2019-09-08.
- Limited, Bangkok Post Public Company. "Celebrate 20 years of One Piece". bangkokpost.com. Retrieved 2019-09-14.
- "JAM Thailand Posts One Piece Stampede Film's Thai-Subtitled Trailer". Anime News Network. Retrieved 2019-09-14.
- "One Piece: Stampede Resmi Tayang di Indonesia!". kincir.com (in Indonesian). Retrieved 2019-08-26.
- ih_admin (2019-06-11). "ONE PIECE: STAMPEDE". GSC Movies. Retrieved 2019-09-20.
- One Piece, retrieved 2019-09-20
- "One Piece Stampede Film Listed With September 20 Opening in the Philippines". Anime News Network. Retrieved 2019-09-20.
- "『ONE PIECE STAMPEDE』が10月18日に中国公開へ_中国国際放送局". japanese.cri.cn. Retrieved 2019-10-07.
- "CGR Events". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2019-09-20.
- "One Piece Stampede". CGR Events (in French). Archived from the original on 2019-10-18. Retrieved 2019-09-12.
- "KAZÉ | KAZÉ Anime Nights". 2019-09-16. Archived from the original on 2019-09-16. Retrieved 2019-09-16.
- "One Piece - Der Film Stampede hat endlich einen Starttermin in Deutschland". PlayCentral (in German). Retrieved 2019-09-16.
- Osmond, Andrew. "Mystery Film at Edinbugh is One Piece Stampede". Anime News Network. Retrieved 15 October 2019.
- "Data italiana per One Piece Stampede e nuovo trailer". www.animeita.net (in Italian). Retrieved 2019-08-26.
- SelectaVisión (2019-09-12). "Debido a próximas novedades relacionadas con el 25 Aniversario del Salón del Manga, movemos el estreno unas semanas. En breve os anunciaremos todas las grandes noticias que nos esperan relacionadas con esta nueva película de la franquicia #OnePiece". @SelectaVision (in Spanish). Retrieved 2019-09-12.
- Ruisu (2019-09-12). "One Piece Estampida cambia su estreno al 15 de noviembre". Ramen Para Dos (in Spanish). Retrieved 2019-09-14.
- filmSPOT, One Piece: Stampede (2019) (in Portuguese), retrieved 2019-09-16
- Ferreira, Tiago. "One Piece: Stampede vai estrear em Portugal | Central Comics" (in Portuguese). Retrieved 2019-09-16.
- Manga UK Confirms One Piece Stampede Release, retrieved 2019-12-15
- "One Piece: Stampede". Retrieved 2019-12-15.
- "One Piece Stampede – Madman Anime Festival". 2019-09-20. Archived from the original on 2019-09-20. Retrieved 2019-09-20.
- One Piece: Stampede Exclusive Official Trailer - English Subtitles - IGN, retrieved 2019-09-13
- Films, Funimation. "One Piece: Stampede | Funimation Films". www.funimationfilms.com. Retrieved 2019-09-10.
- "Movie - One Piece: Stampede - 2019 Cast، Video، Trailer، photos، Reviews، Showtimes". 2019-11-16. Archived from the original on 2019-11-16. Retrieved 2019-11-16.
- Cinemas, V.O.X. (2019-10-09). "One Piece Stampede has been confirmed for November 14". @voxcinemas. Retrieved 2019-10-09.
- "'One Piece: Stampede' release in UAE on November 14". gulfnews.com. Retrieved 2019-11-16.
- "One Piece Stampede Opens at #1, Weathering With You Drops to #3". Anime News Network. Retrieved 2019-08-18.
- Inc, Natasha. "【映画動員ランキング】「ONE PIECE STAMPEDE」初登場で週末動員1位！「ライオン・キング」が2位に続く". 映画ナタリー (in Japanese). Retrieved 2019-08-13.
- "ONE PIECE劇場版最新作『ONE PIECE STAMPEDE』が大ヒットスタートで堂々の興収ランキング1位を記録！". Qetic (in Japanese). 2019-08-13. Retrieved 2019-08-13.
- "One Piece Stampede Film Tops 3 Billion Yen in Just 9 Days". Anime News Network. Retrieved 2019-08-18.
- Inc, Natasha. "田中真弓が「ONE PIECE」台本に「電話帳みたい」、千葉繁＆三石琴乃とトーク". 映画ナタリー (in Japanese). Retrieved 2019-08-18.
- "ONE PIECE：劇場版最新作が9日間で興収30億円突破 田中真弓「まだまだ旅の途中」と笑顔". MANTANWEB（まんたんウェブ） (in Japanese). Retrieved 2019-08-18.
- "ルフィ役・田中真弓が名曲を熱唱！劇場版『ONE PIECE STAMPEDE』興収30億突破＆応援上映が決定 - 映画 Movie Walker". Movie Walker (in Japanese). Retrieved 2019-08-18.
- "Weathering With You Back at #1, Ni no Kuni Opens at #7". Anime News Network. Retrieved 2019-08-27.
- "One Piece: Stampede". www.boxofficemojo.com. Retrieved 2019-09-06.
- "One Piece Stampede Film Surpasses 5 Billion Yen". Anime News Network. Retrieved 2019-09-09.
- "One Piece: Stampede - Box Office Mojo". www.boxofficemojo.com. Retrieved 2020-06-12.
- "Movies With Box Office Gross Receiopts Exceeding 1 Billion Yen". Eiren. Motion Picture Producers Association of Japan. 2019. Retrieved 26 February 2020.
- "One Piece: Stampede (2019)". EntGroup. Retrieved 26 February 2020.
- "One Piece: Stampede (2019)". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango. Retrieved 2020-10-16.
- Antonio Pineda, Rafael (10 July 2019). "One Piece Stampede Anime Film Gets Novel in August". Anime News Network. Archived from the original on 10 July 2019. Retrieved 10 July 2019.