One Piece (video game)
One Piece also referred to as Shonen Jump's One Piece is a 2-D platforming adventure video game for the Nintendo Game Boy Advance based on the 4kids dub of the One Piece anime. Developed by Dimps and published by Bandai, it was released on September 7, 2005. It is the only One Piece game to be only released in the USA, and the first out of two to not see a release in Japan.
"Follow the adventures of Monkey D. Luffy and the Straw Hat Pirates and explore the Grand Line in search of the famed treasure, the "One Piece!" Use your stretchy Gum-Gum abilities to defeat marines and other pirates of the sea that you encounter on your journey!"
Similar to the first one piece video game, From TV Animation - One Piece: Become the Pirate King!, the main game covers the East Blue Saga.
Control Monkey D. Luffy through platformer styled levels, with a one button masher combo system. Roronoa Zoro (named "Roronoa Zolo" to match the 4kids dub name), and the other crew members can be used as summons and a total of 15 characters appear in the story mode. There are 12 different bosses such as Buggy and Smoker (named "Chaser" to match the 4kids dub name). There are items that appear in the manga and anime used as collectable treasure, which the player can revisit already cleared stages to find. The stages also have interactive environment objects.
- "One Piece - Fight to Become King of the Pirates!". Bandai Games. Archived from the original on October 20, 2006. Retrieved November 24, 2008.
- "Shonen Jump's One Piece for Game Boy Advance". GameRankings. Retrieved July 27, 2015.
- "One Piece for Game Boy Advance Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved July 27, 2015.
- Theobald, Phil (October 27, 2005). "GameSpy: One Piece (GBA)". GameSpy. Archived from the original on December 30, 2005. Retrieved July 27, 2015.
- "One Piece (GBA)". Nintendo Power 197: 114. November 2005.