One Thing Leads to Another
|"One Thing Leads to Another"|
|Single by The Fixx|
|from the album Reach the Beach|
|B-side||Opinions (7 inch)
Reach the Beach (Dub) (12 inch)
|Released||18 August 1983 (US); September 1983 (UK)|
|Format||7", 12" single|
|Genre||New wave, dance-rock|
|Length||3:23 (remixed edited version); 3:18 (album version)|
|Writer(s)||Cy Curnin, Adam Woods, Jamie West-Oram, Rupert Greenall|
|The Fixx singles chronology|
It also hit #2 on the US Mainstream Rock Tracks chart and went to #1 in Canada in October 1983.
The video begins at a science lab where Adam Woods is looking into a microscope observing a new dimension (the wrist shackle in the video on the wall is seen on the cover of Reach the Beach). It shows a dimension in a black tunnel with lights on top where Cy Curnin is dancing in a classy navy blue double-breasted suit and open-necked white shirt. He is then in a bright tube, wearing a gray sleeveless shirt with his arms and shoulders exposed. Then, in a blue tunnel, he is running with a dog. It ends with the tunnel in a 3-dimensional angle to see throughout the tube with the band members singing the rest of the song.
- Cy Curnin – vocals
- Rupert Greenall – keyboards
- Jamie West-Oram – guitar
- Adam Woods – percussion, drums
- Alfie Agius – bass
"One Thing Leads to Another" has been covered by the following artists:
- Jazz musician Joseph Patrick Moore on the 2004 album Drum & Bass Society, Volume 1.
- Steven Strait covered it in the 2005 film Sky High.
- Color Theory covered this song in 2005. This version was released on The Fixx: An Electronic Tribute.
- Oh My God covered this song on their 2009 album The Night Undoes the Work of the Day.
- Powerman 5000 covered the song on their 2011 album Copies, Clones & Replicants.
- American indie rock band Here We Go Magic performed a version of the song in November 2015 for The A.V. Club's A.V. Undercover series.
In media and popular culture
The song is featured in the video game Grand Theft Auto: Vice City on the fictional radio station Flash FM. It was also featured in an episode of Everybody Hates Chris and in the 2009 horror film The House of the Devil. The song is featured in the Veronica Mars episode "Ruskie Business".
- The Billboard Hot 100 Chart Listing For The Week Of Nov 05 1983
- Track listing for Joseph Patrick Moore's Drum & Bass Society, Vol.1, allmusic.com
- Sky High Original Soundtrack, allmusic.com
- The Fixx: An Electronic Tribute, discogs.com
- Modell, Josh (10 November 2015). "Here We Go Magic covers The Fixx". The A.V. Club. Onion, Inc. Retrieved 10 November 2015.
- "The Music Of Veronica Mars: Episode 1-15: "Ruskie Business"". Mars Investigations: The (In)Complete Guide to Veronica Mars. Retrieved January 12, 2015.
|This 1980s rock song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|