One Thing Remains
|One Thing Remains|
|Studio album by Default|
|Released||October 11, 2005|
|Genre||Hard rock, post-grunge, alternative rock|
|Producer||Bob Marlette, Chad Kroeger|
|Singles from One Thing Remains|
One Thing Remains is the third studio album by Canadian hard rock band Default. It was released on October 11, 2005. The album features a more straightforward hard rock sound than the band's previous work, downplaying their characteristic alternative metal elements. "The Memory Will Never Die" was used as one of the theme songs of World Wrestling Entertainment's (WWE) event WrestleMania 23 and WWE's Tribute to the Troops. The album produced three singles, including "Count on Me", which reached number one on the Canadian rock airplay chart and the top 40 on both the Mainstream and Alternative rock charts in the United States. The original demo version of "The Way We Were" was first recorded with Rich Robinson of The Black Crowes as its producer but later re-recorded for the album.
All songs written and composed by Default, except where noted.
- "All Is Forgiven" – 4:08 (Default, Marti Frederiksen, Bob Marlette)
- "I Can't Win" – 3:48 (Default, Marti Frederiksen
- "It Only Hurts" – 3:42 (Default, Marti Frederiksen
- "The Way We Were" – 3:28
- "Count on Me" – 4:09 (Default, Chad Kroeger)
- "Hiding from the Sun" – 3:32 (Default, Frederiksen, Marlette)
- "Beautiful Flower" – 3:48 (Default, Marti Frederiksen
- "One Thing Remains" – 2:57 (Default, Marti Frederiksen
- "The Memory Will Never Die" – 4:23 (Default, Marti Frederiksen
- "Get Out of This Alive" – 3:01
- "Found My Way Out" – 3:47
- "Innocent Man" - 4:09 (unreleased)
|US Billboard 200||90|
|US Independent Albums (Billboard)||7|
|2005||"Count on Me"||1||39||22|
|2006||"I Can't Win"||6||—||—|
|"The Way We Were"||11||—||—|
|"—" denotes a single that did not chart.|
P.R. Brown Design
Bryan Coleman - Management
Leonard B. Johnson - A&R
John Coster - Product Manager
Danny Craig - Drums
Dave Benedict - Bass
Dallas Smith - Vocals
Jeremy Hora - Guitar, Backing Vocals
Jake Davies - Engineer
Pete Deboer - String Engineer
Marti Frederiksen - Composer
Benjamin Haber - Photography
Chad Kroeger - Composer, Producer
Stephen Marcussen - Mastering
Bob Marlette - Audio Production, Composer, Engineer, Mixing, Producer
Kevin Mills - Assistant
Glenn Pittman - Assistant
Sid Riggs - Digital Editing, Engineer
Bobby Yang String Arrangements
- Mason, Stewart. "One Thing Remains - Default". Allmusic.
- "Default – Chart history" Billboard 200 for Default. Retrieved 9 March 2015.
- "Default – Chart history" Billboard Independent Albums for Default. Retrieved 9 March 2015.
- "Default Album & Song Chart History - Alternative Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved 9 March 2015.
- "Default Album & Song Chart History - Mainstream Rock Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved 9 March 2015.
|This 2000s alternative rock album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|