One World Action
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (March 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (March 2017)|
All its programmes are initiated by local people, providing understanding and meeting of local needs.
Formerly named the Bernt Carlsson Trust, One World Action was founded by Glenys Kinnock on December 21, 1989 – exactly one year after UN Commissioner for Namibia, Bernt Carlsson, was killed in the Pan Am Flight 103 crash.
The charity is affiliated with Solidar.
- Nearly 300,000 people in Angola were given access to clean water through the work of a One World Action partner, the Development Workshop.
- Through mediation a One World Action partner, Nagorik Uddyog has settled nearly 1000 separate cases of conflict involving the poor in Bangladesh.
- In Nicaragua a One World Action partner, Movimiento Maria Elena Cuadra, provides training to women factory workers in the Export Processing Zones about labour rights and health & safety.
- One World Action is thought to be behind the politicalcompass.org website.
- One World Action, Rinoceros Directory
|This article about a philanthropic or charitable organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|