Ong Kean Swan
|Peter Ong Kean Swan
7 November 1982 |
|Occupation||Chief Executive Officer of Dream Success International|
Dato’ Sri Peter Ong Kean Swan, is a Malaysian-Chinese businessman and philanthropist.
In 2007 Ong was working as a distributor for the multi-level marketing company Melilea, a company selling health and beauty products. In a defamation lawsuit he was charged with breaking his distribution contract and disclosing proprietary information. While the newspaper and other defendants were found to be not guilty of defamation, judgment was rendered against Ong and the other two distributors. Ong answered the complaint, but chose not to appear in court.
The Surewin4u corporate website says that in 2008 Peter Ong launched a successful coffee shop franchise concept. That was the year that Peter Ong together with his brother Philip became involved with the Island Red Café (Red Island Coffee) franchise business. The Ong brothers devised a multi-level marketing business plan for Island Red Café franchises through their company MLB International. The pyramid scheme collapsed, and in 2011, Ong Tong Swan (Philip Ong), Peter Ong's brother, as a director of Island Red Café, pleaded guilty to fraud.
His company website indicates that Peter Ong had also been involved with a multi-level insurance programme, before creating, in 2011, together with his brother Philip, the Surewin4u Group (圆梦赢家) to promote their gambling winning system. In 2012, he founded Dream Success International, which now includes: Surewin4u, Dream Success Property, Dream Success Car Centre, Dream Success Jewelery and Dream Success Coffee. On 25 September 2013, Dream Success International and website www.Surewin4u.com were listed by the Central Bank of Malaysia (Bank Negara Malaysia) as engaging in unlicensed activities. After the Taiwanese government closed down the Taiwan branch of Dream Success International in September 2014 leaving thousands of "investors" without recourse, Ong Kean Swan said there was nothing he could do ("圆梦无力回天"). In early 2015, Dream Winners and Surewin4u were widely revealed as a multi-level pyramid scam that operated not only in Malaysia and Taiwan, but also in Singapore and China.
Ong's family came from Hui'an County, Fujian Province, China, and Ong was born in November, in Penang. He was born in 1982, although some reports indicate 1983. His company website indicates that he graduated in information technology from the University of Nottingham in England in 2003.
In 2013, Ong was arrested for impersonating Perak royalty and using the title Tengku to which he was not entitled.
- "Saman fitnah RM20 juta syarikat jualan lansung terhadap Kayveas ditolak". Sinar Harian. 27 March 2012. Archived from the original on 3 April 2012.
- Melilea contended that the distributors had violated various terms in their agreements with the company and had voluntarily resigned."Company loses suit against NSTP". New Straits Times. 28 May 2012. Archived from the original on 28 March 2012.
- However, the plaintiff won the case against Ong on the merits of the case. "Firm loses lawsuit against Kayveas and three others". The Star Online. 28 May 2012. Archived from the original on 6 June 2014.
- "About the Founders". Archived from the original on 6 June 2014.
- Ong Khee Lye (2009). "Strategies in Positioning Island Red Café" (PDF). Transport Management. Hong Kong: Institute of Transport Administration. 1. Archived from the original on 16 June 2014. The author Professor Ong was a principle business advisor to the MLB International Group of Companies of Philip and Peter Ong.
- "紅島咖啡連鎖店風波‧檳民投資額料達千萬". Guang Ming Daily. 31 January 2010. Archived from the original on 8 June 2014.
- Wahid, Waziha (12 February 2010). "Pengarah dituduh tipu RM16 juta (Director accused of plot to RM16 million)". Kosmos. Archived from the original on 14 February 2010. with photo
- "Another Director of Island Red Café Franchise Sdn Bhd Pleaded Guilty for Defrauding Investors". Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia (SSM). 29 September 2011.
- The insurance company was MLB Resources. "Uni.Asia Life Assurance Berhad Appoints MLB Resources Sdn Bhd To Distribute Its Endowment Savings Plan, Uni Guaranteed Cash Plus". Gibraltar BSN. 6 October 2009. Archived from the original on 14 June 2015.
- 彭亨蘇丹華誕?王梓驊受封拿督 - 星洲网新聞 - 星洲日報. news.sinchew.com.my (in Chinese). 2013-08-13. Retrieved 2013-08-09.
- "List of known companies and websites which are not authorised nor approved under the relevant laws and regulations administered by BNM" (PDF). Central Bank of Malaysia (BNM). 2014. Archived (PDF) from the original on 8 June 2014.
- "Laid out: "unauthorized company" Dream Group operating without a license" 列“未经授权公司” 圆梦集团无执照营运. Nanyang Business Daily (in Chinese). Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malayasia. 23 September 2014. Archived from the original on 26 September 2014.
- 葉德正 (12 September 2014). "暴利好賺 退休警幫吸金集團拉下線 (Retired police make payoffs to help pull off Ponzi scheme Group)". China Times (in Chinese). Taiwan. Archived from the original on 14 September 2014.
- "「圓夢」吸金主嫌 竟辯「投資大馬拿督賭博」("Dreams," the chief suspect actually argue attract "large investment Ma Nadu gambling")". Apple Daily (in Chinese). Taiwan. 11 September 2014. Archived from the original on 14 September 2014.
- Teh Wei Soon (29 January 2015). "150 Get Cheated In S$50 Million Scam Spearheaded By A Self-Proclaimed "Datuk"". Malaysian Digest. Archived from the original on 2 July 2015.
- 聽信靠賭徒賺錢 疑入傳銷陷阱 新加坡百餘人 博弈投資被騙. 本報訊 (The Daily News) (in Chinese). Markham, Ontario. 29 January 2015. Archived from the original on 16 September 2015.
- "Participants in the "Dream winners" gambling system lose everything they invested; 150 people lost one hundred million yuan" 参加“圆梦赢家”血本无归 赌博投资150人痛失亿元. Nanyang Business Daily. Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia. 29 January 2015. Archived from the original on 16 September 2015.
- Lim Mun Fah (20 March 2015). "The invisible killer in Nanning". The Malay Mail. Archived from the original on 18 Jun 2015.
- "Spreading birthday joy by giving". The Star Online. 8 November 2013. Archived from the original on 6 June 2014.
- "Dream Winner Chief Executive Officer birthday party, over 160,000 donated to charities" 圆梦赢家总执行长生日 宴会狂派逾16万慈善金 - 南洋网新聞 - 南洋商报. Nanyang Business Daily (in Chinese). 8 November 2013. Archived from the original on 14 July 2014.
- "#01: 'Tengku Ong' Didakwa Di Mahkamah". Crime Watch. 22 March 2013. Archived from the original on 4 July 2013.; "'Tengku Ong' mengaku tidak bersalah menyamar kerabat diraja". Astro Awani. 20 March 2013. Archived from the original on 8 September 2013.; "Ahli perniagaan Cina menyamar kerabat diraja Perak didakwa". Kosmo! Online. 20 March 2013. Archived from the original on 6 June 2014.
- "圓夢贏家國際總裁‧王梓驊慶生捐出69萬 - 星洲网新聞 - 星洲日報 (Dream Winner International president Ong Kean Swan, Qingsheng, donates 690,000)". news.sinchew.com.my (in Chinese). 2013-11-18. Retrieved 2013-11-18.
- See "photo". Archived from the original on 6 June 2014. picturing Ong receiving an award from the Sultan of Pahang.
- "王梓驊受封DIMP拿督". news.sinchew.com.my (in Chinese). 2013-08-09. Archived from the original on 14 July 2014. Retrieved 2013-08-09.