||This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009)
Location of Onga District in Fukuoka Prefecture
Onga (遠賀郡 Onga-gun) is a district located in Fukuoka Prefecture, Japan.
According to 2005 Japanese Census data, the district has a population of 97,537 and a density of 1,045.73 persons per km². The total area is 93.10 km².
Towns currently in this district
Towns and Villages formerly in this district
- Katsuki（香月町）- Merged to Yahata City (八幡市. described below) in 1955, currently Yahata Nishi-ku, Kitakyūshū（北九州市八幡西区）
- Kōjaku Village（上津役村）- Merged to Yahata City in 1937, currently Yahata Nishi-ku, Kitakyūshū
- Kurosaki（黒崎町）- Merged to Yahata City in 1926, currently Yahata Nishi-ku, Kitakyūshū
- Nakama（中間町）- Upgraded to City（中間市）status in 1958
- Orio（折尾町）- Merged to Yahata City in 1944, currently Yahata Nishi-ku, Kitakyūshū
- Tobata（戸畑町）- Upgraded to City status in 1924, currently Tobata-ku, Kitakyūshū（北九州市戸畑区）
- Wakamatsu（若松町）- Upgraded to City status in 1914, currently Wakamatsu-ku, Kitakyūshū（北九州市若松区）
- Yahata（八幡町）- Upgraded to City（八幡市）status in 1917, currently Yahata Higashi-ku, Kitakyūshū（北九州市八幡東区）
Coordinates: 33°51′50″N 130°38′10″E / 33.864°N 130.636°E