On-Line Gamers Anonymous
On-Line Gamers Anonymous (OLGA) is a twelve-step program for recovery from video game addiction that operates as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in the United States. OLGA was founded by Elizabeth (Liz) Woolley in 2002 after her son, Shawn Woolley, committed suicide while logged into EverQuest.
OLGA provides a variety of message boards, face-to-face meetings in local chapters, chat rooms, on-line meetings, and other tools for people (gamers as well as friends and family) to use for their own healing and to support each other. OLGA is volunteer run organization and fields approximately 500 Internet and phone inquiries per day.
Currently, On-Line Gamers Anonymous has an active face-to-face 12-step meeting in London, Ontario, Canada that was founded in November, 2008. There is also a chapter in Washington, D.C., which was started in October, 2009. There are additional chapters throughout the United States and in Poland and Israel.
- "CyberSightings". CyberPsychology & Behavior. 6 (1): 107–113. 2003. doi:10.1089/109493103321168018.
- Spain, Judith W.; Vega, Gina (Spring 2005). "Everquest: Entertainment or Addiction?". The CASE Journal. 1 (2): 60–66.
- Spain, Judith W.; Vega, Gina (May 2005). "Sony Online Entertainment: EverQuestor EverCrack?". Journal of Business Ethics. 58 (1): 3–6. doi:10.1007/s10551-005-1376-9.
- "OLGA Community Message Boards".
- "OLGA / OLG-Anon Calendar of Events & Meetings".
- "OLG-Anon (Family/Friends) Message Boards".
- Campbell, Colin and Gatehouse, Jonathon. (November 10, 2008). "What Happened to Brandon?". Maclean's. p. 52.CS1 maint: Uses authors parameter (link)
- Pedro, Kelly (November 8, 2008). "Gamers, at any cost". The London Free Press.
- "Recovery for online gaming addiction, OnLine Gamers Anonymous - DC Chapter Home".
- "Washington, D.C. Chapter".
- "Face-to-Face Chapters | On-line Gamers Anonymous®". www.olganon.org. Retrieved 2016-10-08.
- On-Line Gamers Anonymous official website
|This World Wide Web–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|