Online Trading Academy
|Private, Education company|
|Headquarters||17780 Fitch, Suite 200 Irvine, California, United States|
Number of locations
|40 franchises (2017)|
|primarily US, additional locations worldwide|
Online Trading Academy is an education company that provides education to professional traders regarding trading on financial markets. Eyal Shahar founded the company in 1997 as a trading floor. At one point, the business had 180 traders handling $500 million a day in transactions. In order to improve trading results, managers and the top traders were offered daily review and coaching sessions to help the traders become more consistent and profitable. This training program grew, and soon other companies were sending traders in for training. In 2001, after the Dot-com bubble collapse, the company shifted to focusing solely on providing this trading strategy reviews, training and education to the general public.
By February 2015, Online Trading Academy had provided its services to more than 150,000 students.
Online Trading Academy teaches its students a rule-based strategy for trading in the financial markets. Classes usually tackle various topics ranging from day trading stocks to Forex, stock options, and futures trading. The students work with instructors to review market condition, breakdown complex charts, and learn specific trading techniques. Additionally, Online Trading Academy reviews other brokers, products, and services, and continually provides this information to students and graduates.
In addition to the classes offered, the company also offers separate self-study programs through online and on DVDs. The program aims to teach the same fundamentals and concepts as in the in-class training.
- Hoppock, David Joseph. "What Is Online Trading Academy? (AMTD,ETFC,SCHW)". Retrieved 2015-07-20.
- Ferrel, David (21 August 2013). "The ups and downs of day trading".
- Warren, Chris. "How the Online Trading Academy Works". How Stuff Works.
- Quinnan, Bill (Feb 19, 2015). "OC Register".
- "Online Trading Academy to conduct its first Online Stock Trading Course". AMEinfo. March 13, 2006. Retrieved February 25, 2012.
- "Online Trading Academy in exclusive pact with ShareKhan". Business Standard. October 21, 2010. Retrieved February 25, 2012.