Online charging system
This article may be too technical for most readers to understand. Please help improve it to make it understandable to non-experts, without removing the technical details. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Online charging system (OCS) is a system allowing a communications service provider to charge their customers, in real time, based on service usage.
Event based charging
Event based charging function (EBCF) is used to charge events based on their occurrence rather than their duration or volume used in the event. Typical events are SMS, MMS, purchase of a content (application, game, music, video on demand, etc.).
Event based charging function is used when the CC-Request-Type AVP = 4 i.e. for event request ex: diameter-sms or diameter-.....
Session based charging
The session based charging function (SBCF) is responsible for online charging of network / user sessions, e.g. voice calls, IP CAN bearers, IP CAN session or IMS sessions.
Account and balance management
The account balance management function (ABMF) is the location of the subscriber’s account balance within the OCS.
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- 3GPP Telecommunication management; Charging management; Online Charging System (OCS): Applications and interfaces 3GPP 32.296
- 3GPP Telecommunication management; Charging management; Charging architecture and principles 3GPP 32.240
- Open Mobile Alliance (OMA) Charging V1.0 OMA Charging V1.0
- Opencharging Java Open Source Online Charging System
- SigScale Erlang Open Source Online Charging System
- Packet Switched (PS) domain charging (Release 15), Technical Specification Group Services and System Aspects; Telecommunication management; Charging management (15.0.0 ed.), 3rd Generation Partnership Project, September 2017, retrieved 2017-11-02