This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Online Designer, also known as design-your-own designer, is a component of a website used to design, decorate, or customize a product such as t-shirt, stationary or other customizable products.
Commonly used in the decorated apparel industry, Online Designers were originally used by 'design your own' online fulfillments such as Cafe Press, Zazzle and Custom Ink. Consumer editions such as InkSoft, inkXE, DecoNetwork, OSS Designer and RSK Tech became available in 2007 allowing any printer, embroiderer or customized goods producer to add an online designer to their own website.
An online designer typically allows a website user to:
- Select a product to decorate
- Select from stock art or clipart
- Upload their own unique design or photo
- Add custom text
- Add special effects such as drop shadows, glows, warping effects plus photo effects such as sepia, black and white and more.
- Purchase their customised product