Online to offline
Online to offline is a phrase (commonly abbreviated to O2O) that is used in digital marketing to describe systems enticing consumers within a digital environment to make purchases of goods or services from physical businesses.
O2O is a hot term for QR code marketing, means "Online To Offline" to connect traditional business via online marketing. Via online platform, consumers can select product/service directly and do online transactions. O2O is connecting traditional business with a modern platform, advantages on both sides can be perfectly matched so consumers can enjoy good online price and the same quality offline service. The core part of O2O is online payment. example: Alibaba’s first mall shows that O2O is a real business model.
The phrase has received criticism as illogical.
|“||In the broadest sense, everything on the internet is “online to offline.”||”|
|— C. Custer|
- Digital marketing system
- Mobile marketing
- Online advertising
- C2B - Consumer to Business
- P2C -Production to Consumer
- C2C - customer-to-customer
- B2B - Business to Business
- "Definition of O2O". PC Magazine.
- "What does O2O mean for the future of e-commerce?". Yahoo Finance.
- C. Custer (2014-10-03). "O2O is our industry's stupidest acronym". Tech in Asia.