Only God Knows
|Only God Knows|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Carlos Bolado|
|Produced by||Carlos Bolado
|Written by||Carlos Bolado
|Edited by||Carlos Bolado
Dezenove Som e Imagens
Buena Vista International
|Distributed by||Buena Vista Pictures|
Only God Knows (Spanish: Sólo Dios Sabe; Portuguese: Só Deus Sabe) is a 2006 Mexican-Brazilian drama film directed by Carlos Bolado. It stars Alice Braga as Dolores, a Brazilian woman, who meets Dámian (Diego Luna), a Mexican who helps her to reach Mexico City after her passport is stolen.
Co-produced between Brazil and Mexico after an agreement undersigned in Venezuela, it is the first film produced jointly by the two countries. Filming took place in 2004 in Tijuana, Mexico City, Salvador, São Paulo, and San Diego. Post-production was done in São Paulo in 2005 and sound effects were produced in Skywalker Sound.
Its world premiere occurred on January 21 at the 2006 Sundance Film Festival, where it competed in the category Cinema Dramatic of the World Cinema section. It also entered the official selection of the Guadalajara International Film Festival and the Festival de Cine Iberoamericano de Huelva.
- Alice Braga as Dolores
- Isabella Sass as young Dolores
- Diego Luna as Damián
- Mariana Muniz as Dolores' grandmother
- José María Yazpik as Jonathan
- Cecilia Suárez as Olivia
- Renata Zhaneta as Renata
- Damián Alcázar as Presagio
- Leigh Crow as Mrs Bailey
- "Só Deus Sabe" (in Portuguese). Terra Networks. Retrieved March 3, 2014.
- "Sólo Dios Sabe que terminan grabación". El Siglo de Torreón (in Spanish). November 14, 2004. Retrieved March 3, 2014.
- Novaes, Teresa (November 1, 2004). "Longa-metragem une México e Brasil em cenários de São Paulo". Folha de S. Paulo (in Portuguese). Grupo Folha. Retrieved March 3, 2014.
- "Lora Hirschberg". Skywalker Sound. Archived from the original on March 3, 2014. Retrieved March 3, 2014.
- "Arman Gael y Diego fiesta en Sundance". El Universal (in Spanish). January 22, 2006. Retrieved March 3, 2014.
- Koehler, Robert (January 23, 2006). "Review: 'Only God Knows'". Variety. Retrieved March 3, 2014.
- "Brasil apresenta "Casa de Areia" no Festival de Sundance" (in Portuguese). Terra Networks. January 20, 2006. Retrieved March 3, 2014.
- Caballero, Jorge (September 15, 2006). "Sólo Dios sabe habla de cómo estar en paz con el mundo: Carlos Bolado". La Jornada (in Spanish). Desarrollo de Medios. Retrieved March 3, 2014.
- "32 Festival de Cine Iberoamericano de Huelva Sección Oficial Largometrajes" (in Spanish). Festival de Cine Iberoamericano de Huelva. Retrieved March 3, 2014.
|This article related to a Brazilian film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 2000s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|