Only You (112 song)
|Single by 112 featuring The Notorious B.I.G.|
|from the album 112|
|Released||June 27, 1996|
|Format||Cassette, CD, Vinyl|
|Genre||R&B, hip hop soul|
4:50 (remix) (featuring The Notorious B.I.G. and Ma$e
|Songwriter(s)||Sean Combs, Steven Jordan, Christopher Wallace, Mason Betha, D.J. Rogers, Jr., Marvin Scandrick, Michael Keith, Daron Jones, Quinnes Parker, Harry Wayne Casey, Richard Finch|
|Producer(s)||Steven "Stevie J" Jordan for The Hitmen|
|112 singles chronology|
|The Notorious B.I.G. singles chronology|
"Only You" is the debut single from R&B group 112. It is the lead single from their self-titled debut album. Both the original and the remix were released as singles. Q, Slim, and Mike share lead vocals on both versions of the song. The original features The Notorious B.I.G., and the remix features both B.I.G. and Mase, and contains a bass sample of "Bounce, Rock, Skate, Roll" by Vaughan Mason & Crew, while the original contains a sample riff of "I Get Lifted" by George McCrae.
The song reached number one on two of Billboard Magazine's charts: Hot Dance Singles Sales and Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay. The song made its debut at number seven on the Billboard Hot 100 on July 27, 1996 spending 39 weeks total on the chart.
The song was performed when the band guest-starred in two episodes of the UPN Sitcom Moesha.
The video was shot in the heart of Time Square. The video features 112, Notorious B.I.G., Puff Daddy & latest Bad Boy signee at the time Mase rapping in front of a crowd. Cameos are made by Stevie J and Keisha from Total.
|New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)||43|
|US Billboard Hot 100||13|
|US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)||3|
|US Billboard Hot 100||34|
|United States (RIAA)||Platinum||1,000,000|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- Ryan, Gavin (2011). Australia's Music Charts 1988–2010. Mt. Martha, VIC, Australia: Moonlight Publishing.
- "Charts.nz – 112 – Only You". Top 40 Singles. Retrieved April 24, 2018.
- "112 Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved April 24, 2018.
- "112 Chart History (Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved April 24, 2018.
- "Billboard Top 100 - 1996". Retrieved 2010-08-27.
- "American single certifications – 112 – Only You". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved May 7, 2015. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH.
- "Best-Selling Records of 1996". Billboard. BPI Communications Inc. 109 (3): 61. January 18, 1997. ISSN 0006-2510. Retrieved May 7, 2015.
|This 1990s R&B/soul music song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|