Only You (2009 TV series)
|Genre||Comedy, romance, Drama|
|Developed by||Malou N. Santos|
|Directed by||Rory Quintos|
|Opening theme||Only You sung by Sam Milby|
|Ending theme||Muli by Bugoy Drilon|
|Country of origin||Philippines
|Original language(s)||Filipino/Tagalog, English, Korean|
|No. of episodes||85|
|Executive producer(s)||Sackey Prince
|Location(s)||Metro Manila, Philippines
|Running time||30-45 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Star Creatives (Philippines)
|Picture format||NTSC (480i) SDTV|
|Original release||April 27– August 28, 2009|
|Related shows||Only You (Korean)|
Only You is a Philippine remake of the Korean drama of the same title aired by SBS (South Korea) in 2005. It was aired from April 27, 2009 to August 28, 2009. It stars Angel Locsin, Diether Ocampo, Iya Villania and Sam Milby on the lead role, under the direction of Rory Quintos.
Only You had its first cast look test pictorial on February 17, 2009 with the three leads cast in the series: Diether Ocampo, Sam Milby, and Angel Locsin. On the following day, February 18, 2009, ABS-CBN announced its upcoming shows in Kapamilya Trade Launch, including Only You.
Only You on ABS-CBN premiered with a 39.2% rating based on the Kantar Media/TNS National Households TV Audience Measurement. The show won its timeslot and took #2 spot in primetime behind the 40.1% rating of May Bukas Pa, a show also produced by ABS-CBN. The show's finale registered a nationwide average of 39.8% in the TV Ratings based on Kantar Media/TNS National Households data.
Despite her mother's protests, Jillian (Angel Locsin) pursues her dream of becoming a chef by joining a cooking contest where she gets a chance to study culinary arts in different Asian countries. Before anyone can stop her, she is already on her way to South Korea with her long-time best friend, Jonathan (Diether Ocampo). But it soon becomes clear to her that skill alone is not enough to make her pass such a difficult course. So in her desperate attempt to succeed and create a good life for her family, she goes in search for a woman who can teach her a winning recipe.
Then she crosses paths with TJ (Sam Milby), an arrogant, wealthy businessman who is looking for his mother, the same woman Jillian is after. They hardly get along yet they eventually end up having a one-night stand as Jillian momentarily makes him forget about his worries about his mom's second marriage. They go their separate ways the next morning after a misunderstanding. It is only later on that Jillian finds out that she's pregnant, which means that she cannot continue her studies. Then a twist of fate brings them together again in the Philippines six years after that fateful encounter abroad.
Cast and characters
- Angel Locsin as Jillian Mendoza
- Sam Milby as Theodore "TJ" Javier Jr.
- Diether Ocampo as Jonathan Sembrano
- Iya Villania as Trixie Gonzales
- Tirso Cruz III as Theodore "Teddy" Javier Sr.
- Dimples Romana as Dina Javier
- Bing Pimentel as Erika Javier
- Irma Adlawan as Corazon "Cora" Mendoza
- Vice Ganda as Bicky Tio
- Al Tantay as Fernando "Nanding" Mendoza/Ramon
- Dick Israel as Rodolfo "Rod" Sembrano/Elvis
- Ella Cruz as Andrea Mendoza
- Elijah Magundayao as Joshua Mendoza Javier
- Candy Pangilinan as Chef Minnie
- Carla Humphries as Agnes Aguirre
- Franzen Fajardo as Aji
- Justin Cuyugan as Vince Lapuz III
- JC Cuadrado as Derek
- Jose Sarasola as George
- Gabe Mercado as Boyet Marcos
- Gladys Reyes as Dorina Sanchez
- Matt Ranillo III as Victor Vasquez
- Melanie Marquez as Palmira Lapuz
- Ian Galliguez as China
- Angel Sy as Young Jillian
- Jacob Rica as Young TJ
- Francis Magundayao as Young Jonathan
- Hennesy Lee as Young Trixie
- Amy Perez as Emily
- Bonifacio, Julie (January 23, 2009). "Star Cinema reveals its line-up for 2009". ABS-CBN.com.
- "Angel locsin confirms new TV series with Sam Milby". ABS-CBNNews.com. January 6, 2009.
- Asian DB - Your Connection to Asia
- Vivar, Vinia (February 20, 2009). "Angel nag-donate ng P100,000 sa Mental Hospital". Journal Online.
- Alvarez, Trish (February 20, 2009). "Angel Locsin stars in Pinoy version of Koreanovela Only You". Philippine Entertainment Portal.
- Siazon, Rachelle (February 20, 2009). "Angel Locsin set to star in ABS-CBN's version of Koreanovela Only You". ABS-CBN.com.
- Santiago, Erwin. "TNS National TV Ratings (April 24–27): Only You opens strongly". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved April 28, 2008.