Ontario Minor Hockey Association
The Ontario Minor Hockey Association (OMHA) is a major ice hockey governing body at the minor level. The OMHA is empowered by the Ontario Hockey Federation and Hockey Canada. The OMHA oversees minor hockey from Initiation to Juvenile throughout the majority of southern Ontario. There are two "AAA" leagues, the Eastern AAA Hockey League and the South-Central Triple A Hockey League as well as four "AA" leagues in the York-Simcoe AA League, Tri-County AA League, Lakeshore League and the Bluewater League. The OMHA also has six "A" leagues in the Bluewater League, Niagara District League, Tri-County A League, York-Simcoe A League and the Lakeshore League.
The OMHA also has several representative leagues from the BB-E representative classifications such as the Shamrock League, Georgian Bay-Muskoka League, Southern Counties League, Western Ontario Athletic Association, Victoria Durham League and the Eastern Ontario League.
In addition, there are also 14 "Local Leagues" under the OMHA auspices as well as approximately 175 House Leagues among its 230 member Associations.
The Ontario Minor Hockey Association, founded in 1935, is the largest minor hockey association in the world and oversees a participant base of 300,000 consisting of players, coaches, trainers, officials, hockey volunteers and parents across the province. The OMHA has 230 active member minor hockey associations and annually coordinates 31 leagues and approximately 600 development clinics throughout Ontario.
- OMHA Website
- OHF Website
- Eastern AAA League Website
- South-Central AAA League Website
- Tri-County Minor Hockey League Website
- Lakeshore Hockey League Website
- York Simcoe Minor Hockey League Website
- Bluewater Hockey League Website
- Niagara District Hockey League Website
- Shamrock Hockey League Website
- Georgian Bay Minor Hockey League Website
- Muskoka-Parry Sound Hockey League Website
- Welland Little NHL Tournament Annual Tournament Sanctioned by the OMHA
|This ice hockey organization article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|