The 1961 tournament, played from October 12–15, was won by 42 year-old Eric Monti of Los Angeles, when he sank an 8-foot birdie putt on the second extra hole of a three-way sudden death playoff with George Bayer and Bobby Nichols. The winners share was $2,800 out of a total purse of $20,000.
- "Monti Victor With Birdie in Play-Off". The Spokesman-Review (Spokane, Washington). Associated Press. October 16, 1961. Retrieved April 6, 2010.
- "Whispering Lakes Golf Course".
- "1961 winners sorted by age". PGA Tour.
- "1962 winners sorted by age". PGA Tour.
- "Young Al Geiberger Gets First Victory In Ontario". The Dispatch (Lexington, North Carolina). United Press International. October 22, 1962. p. 6. Retrieved July 22, 2010.
|This article on a golf tournament is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|